Player Watch Zac Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd have thought as of right now, closer to de-listing than to selection
He'd be in a pretty similar position as Pedlar last year, I would have thought.

Rumoured to be well regarded but needs to get his body right. He's also got a contract to 2025 and you'd think Sloane and Hamill would go before Taylor. Even Bond sounds closer to delisting, but I suspect will get at least another year.

I heard that Burgo was recently asked who are the next midfielders that he is excited about. His answer,
1. Taylor
2. Pedlar
If Taylor can get/ stay healthy - he is very much seen (by Burgo) as in the midfield mix with his clever ball skills / evasion / kicking.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Would be surprised if this was said. We aren't paying him to concern himself with the 'midfield mix'.

Would be surprised if this was said. We aren't paying him to concern himself with the 'midfield mix'.

Exactly. He is paid to get the best out of players fitness and all things pertaining to it not their playing positions.

He'd be in a pretty similar position as Pedlar last year, I would have thought.

Rumoured to be well regarded but needs to get his body right. He's also got a contract to 2025 and you'd think Sloane and Hamill would go before Taylor. Even Bond sounds closer to delisting, but I suspect will get at least another year.
I was surprised Sloane and Hamill were retained, and so far Bond likes miles off. Zac has looked good at times at Sanfl level, despite missing large chunk of last year, but he's looked well below AFL level of fitness.

Delisting taylor. The s**t takes in 2024 have already started lol.
Who the heck is suggesting we are delisting Taylor?

He's going to be a slower butn with his injuries, but clearly we have a few other players closer delisting.

It was definitely couched in terms of “if we can get his body right”

I take this to mean that the reason he is not fit is not that he lacks the motivation to get fit, its that every time he tries to push himself harder or do more work, he gets an injury and that's what's limiting his fitness.

Is that how others interpreted it??

I take this to mean that the reason he is not fit is not that he lacks the motivation to get fit, its that every time he tries to push himself harder or do more work, he gets an injury and that's what's limiting his fitness.

Is that how others interpreted it??

I interpret it that badly timed injuries have held him back…
This happens at all clubs for some injury prone players. At this stage it may be a case of bad luck he hasn’t debuted yet. We are fortunate to have Burgo. If Zac gets a debut this year I think that will suggest that the club rates him. Let’s wait and see.

I heard that Burgo was recently asked who are the next midfielders that he is excited about. His answer,
1. Taylor
2. Pedlar
If Taylor can get/ stay healthy - he is very much seen (by Burgo) as in the midfield mix with his clever ball skills / evasion / kicking.

This is very good news as his skills are his main weapon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back