Player Watch Zac Taylor

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
This kid reminds me of Liam Baker because he can play in all 3 parts of the ground and is super balanced and agile and can go left and right without issue

has a super step of agility without being sublimely quick and a little bit of competitiveness / nastiness

I’ll be extremely happy if he ends up at least as good as Baker , will be a steal at the pick
He’s a bit bigger than Baker now he’s grown even more !

Taylor and Soligo are going to be a brilliant combination - can’t wait to see Zac in the AFL side he’s going to be a ripper after a full pre season

huludicidal

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
If we look at the side that got mauled by Port in Rd 23, replacing the trio of McHenry, Rowe and Murphy with the trio of Rankine, Taylor and Rachele will be one of the biggest upgrades imaginable for us, and give us an instant boost. In addition to these 3 no brainer changes, McAdam will also return to the side, and Nankervis will also be pushing for a gig soon enough.

I fully expect Taylor to play in Rd 1 2023, he’s a class above SANFL level and with another preseason under his belt, he’ll be a key cog for us in 2023. Much like Soligo, he’s not only a fantastic kick, but he makes excellent decisions with ball in hand.

If we can get Seedsman back on the park (50/50 at best), draft well, find a way to trade in a rebounding key defender next year (B Cox for our 2024 first rounder please) and also find another quality midfielder with footskills and a big frame (Phillipou please), we might just be a finals threat in 2024.

Credit where credit is due: The combo of Soligo and Taylor is looking like a drafting masterstroke from Hamish and the team. Could not be happier with these picks.

George Kramer

Premium Platinum
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide

Taylor and Soligo are going to be a brilliant combination - can’t wait to see Zac in the AFL side he’s going to be a ripper after a full pre season
I don’t follow juniors and wouldn’t have a clue until they are drafted, but when we did draft him and they showed the highlights I was most impressed by him. I said it at the time, was a natural with good skills.

Go well Zac.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Will be an interesting battle to see who comes out on top as a player out of Schoenberg, Pedlar and Taylor

Taylor's skills and decision-making could end up being a real weapon for us. Can't wait to see him after another pre-season

crow2crow

Trapped in Victoria
Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
If we look at the side that got mauled by Port in Rd 23, replacing the trio of McHenry, Rowe and Murphy with the trio of Rankine, Taylor and Rachele will be one of the biggest upgrades imaginable for us, and give us an instant boost. In addition to these 3 no brainer changes, McAdam will also return to the side, and Nankervis will also be pushing for a gig soon enough.

I fully expect Taylor to play in Rd 1 2023, he’s a class above SANFL level and with another preseason under his belt, he’ll be a key cog for us in 2023. Much like Soligo, he’s not only a fantastic kick, but he makes excellent decisions with ball in hand.

If we can get Seedsman back on the park (50/50 at best), draft well, find a way to trade in a rebounding key defender next year (B Cox for our 2024 first rounder please) and also find another quality midfielder with footskills and a big frame (Phillipou please), we might just be a finals threat in 2024.

Credit where credit is due: The combo of Soligo and Taylor is looking like a drafting masterstroke from Hamish and the team. Could not be happier with these picks.

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Will be an interesting battle to see who comes out on top as a player out of Schoenberg, Pedlar and Taylor

Taylor's skills and decision-making could end up being a real weapon for us. Can't wait to see him after another pre-season
The thing I like about Pedlar and Taylor is that they want to kick goals, as well as being able to kick them. :)

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don’t follow juniors and wouldn’t have a clue until they are drafted, but when we did draft him and they showed the highlights I was most impressed by him. I said it at the time, was a natural with good skills.

Go well Zac.
I saw you say that …. Anyone that watched his juniors would have had similar opinion hence I was shocked re his slide

Reckon he can get way more of the ball than he’s getting now in time … but with the same class

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide

Taylor the banker , Pedlar the X factor and Schoey the ? Big range of where he ends up but reasonably confident if he does the work

LeftyLuke

Cancelled
Mar 29, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Last year's draftees all look really good.

Need to get Taylor re-signed sooner rather than later.
We need to get Nankervis signed up. Not sure why he isn't signed already unless he is leaving. I would be giving Taylor a 2 year extension past 2023 in the offseason.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
Last year's draftees all look really good.

Need to get Taylor re-signed sooner rather than later.
You’d think the buffoons from Carlton, that were aparently there yesterday to watch McAsey, will go home today not with Mcasey’s name on the top of their list of wants.. but rather Zac Taylor’s!..

So yes… Need to get his signature.

Dec 18, 2007
Arcadia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks
We need to get Nankervis signed up. Not sure why he isn't signed already unless he is leaving. I would be giving Taylor a 2 year extension past 2023 in the offseason.

Nankervis is not a rookie. He was selected in the preseason draft to the main list, so was given a 2 year contract.

LeftyLuke

Cancelled
Mar 29, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Nankervis is not a rookie. He was selected in the preseason draft to the main list, so was given a 2 year contract.
They have him as ooc this year on footywire. They also mentioned on the telecast yesterday that he was unsigned.

Crows and Power: Which out of contract players should stay and which should go?

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2007
Arcadia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks
They have him as ooc this year on footywire. They also mentioned on the telecast yesterday that he was unsigned.

Crows and Power: Which out of contract players should stay and which should go?

Then they are both going off Footywire which is wrong.

The fact he was the first new to the AFL player taken in the preseason draft taken in the last decade is confusing people.

Everyone seems to think he's a rookie.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide

Jeff, is Taylor actually quick .....or is it just he looks quick with his legs pistoning away quickly ? ....appearances can be misleading ?

Combine results Mutineer ?

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Jeff, is Taylor actually quick .....or is it just he looks quick with his legs pistoning away quickly ? ....appearances can be misleading ?

Can't help you there but he's plenty quick enough and his evasiveness is top level...

If you remember there was no National Combine with testing being done on a State basis and in differing testing set ups as in outdoors and wind assisted etc, from memory the Vic Metro boys only did the 2km time trial via strava due to Comrade Dan Andrews lockdowns etc.

Got a decent leap for a player his size too..

From last year by Rookie Me's Michael Alvaro...

Rookie Me Draft profile

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
*ing lol, Bicks, never miss an opportunity for some lame political point scoring in irrelevant threads
That is a pure fact, the Vic Metro boys didn't test apart from the their 2km test which were done solo via strava because of Dictator Dan's lockdowns...FACT!....

Don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

Jul 26, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Torrens... I mean WWT

He is quick with his mind and has great awareness of the surroundings. There are so many times that he makes the right decision. These skills are hard to come by. That is why, in my opinion, he has huge potential and will become a valuable player for our AFL side in the future.

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide

I’d say speed average ( not slow or quick , right in the middle . Prob a 3.08 -3.1 sort of 20m )
Agility - elite
Footy smarts also make him look quick

Back