Player Watch Zac Taylor

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Patrick is more of a half back/wing long term. Though I suppose Jones is also wasted in the back pocket as well.
With where our squad is at, i would be more than happy to have jones as a permanent small defender with his run, kicking skills and ability to apply pressure. If he can be a high end player there then thats one spot we can lock away for our next premiership push

Apr 20, 2001
Adelaide Oval / Anfield
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd,Liverpool, WWT Eagles.
Seems the majority of the whingers are pointing to the fact we drafted 3 180cm M/Fs, which on the surface is a fair criticism.
But realistically, Rachele is a genuine goal scoring forward, Taylor is almost entirely a midfielder (literally kicked 1 goal this year) with skills and accumulation skills and Soligo is a hard at it type. They're all very different, even though their listed position and size is the same.
Way too much obsession with size on this board both literally and figuratively

I reckon it'll work with our ball movement through the corridor too. Watching the training clips they posted yesterday with the handball drills, I can imagine the possibility of moving the ball through the middle of the ground in waves where we have runners either side of the ball holder that can be there for the handball receive. The stand rule makes that really important too because you want runners moving, have those tall guys on the flank/wings mark the ball then you're still sending waves past to support, take a handball, quick kick receive and keep moving while the defender may still be stuck on the mark.

Reminds me of the Geelong side of 2007-08. One of the most unstoppable attacking forces I've seen. The way they would flick the ball around, almost without looking sometimes was incredible. They just knew a teammate would be in the right position.

George Kramer

Premium Platinum
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Only seen the highlights but he looks very impressive. His leg is obviously a strength, but its his acceleration, he's always on the move and looks to be creative and makes good decisions. Plays a bit like Schoenberg and we know how good he is but with a better kick.

Pedlar's been curtailed by injury but I'm thinking, Pedlar, Schoenberg and Taylor will be the best of our mids. Rachelle possibly if we intend to play him there, but I have seen no midfield highlights.

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
This kid reminds me of Liam Baker because he can play in all 3 parts of the ground and is super balanced and agile and can go left and right without issue

has a super step of agility without being sublimely quick and a little bit of competitiveness / nastiness

I’ll be extremely happy if he ends up at least as good as Baker , will be a steal at the pick

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
This kid reminds me of Liam Baker because he can play in all 3 parts of the ground and is super balanced and agile and can go left and right without issue

has a super step of agility without being sublimely quick and a little bit of competitiveness / nastiness

I’ll be extremely happy if he ends up at least as good as Baker , will be a steal at the pick
Why did we delist Baker in the first place!?

JennyTalia

All Australian
Mar 24, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

Just what i was thinking. I'm a big fan of the way Baker attacks the ball.

CroCrow

Rookie
Sep 12, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'd be satisfied with an Oliver or Petracca shaped midfielder .....187 / 186 .....with speed and /or power

Now I think Schoenberg can play the Oliver role .....we just need the Petracca power now (insert Roo) .....could that be Pedlar ?
I do think those two will be powerhouses going forward though .....Pedlar at 183 is a giant within our midfield now 🤣
Pedlar would be no more than 1.81. He's not a presence at all.Skinny legs and midriff

Oct 21, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide

Thylacinus

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2008
Ubiquitous
AFL Club
Adelaide
Great precedent. Rory Sloane also somewhat overlooked and went at the same draft pick as Zac, number 44!

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's difficult to fit them in when all available and playing to their potential .....McPherson unfortunately hasn't come on, but he maybe Brown's replacement going forward .....Hamill offers great rebound off HB

Just don't see those 4 in our best 22 with Crouch, Milera back, and Dawson coming in
Did you watch Mcphersons last 4 games ? Different player . He will be fine

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Did you watch Mcphersons last 4 games ? Different player . He will be fine
Looked a lot shaper, after he came back into the side ... covered the ground better than the first part of the season, where he looked to be laboring

Was he not fit enough, or carrying a couple of extra kg's ? ......did look slimmer after his return, but maybe an optical illusion on my behalf

Back