Moved Thread Zac Williams bump

Remove this Banner Ad

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
What do neutrals realistically think of this? I mean I don’t want to see the guy miss round one, I don’t have anything against him but isn’t it kinda blatant?

Jumps off the ground, makes direct contact to the head leaving the player dazed. Do we continue with this clearly broken system of basing things purely off injury reports.

What do neutrals realistically think of this? I mean I don’t want to see the guy miss round one, I don’t have anything against him but isn’t it kinda blatant?

Jumps off the ground, makes direct contact to the head leaving the player dazed. Do we continue with this clearly broken system of basing things purely off injury reports.

not in an Essendon jumper 0 weeks

Hard to tell with only the one angle, looks like he got him with his shoulder, if the player was hurt he's in trouble, not much in it IMO.

I don't think leaving the ground means much in way of intent, he could've ironed him out if he wanted, chook lotto time.

Chose to bump, late, left the ground, seemed to contact the head (other angles required), hard enough to put him to ground.

It'll certainly get looked at.

What chooklotto's interpretation is this year (OK, week) is anyone's guess, but previous years, if he did indeed make high contact, you'd expect weeks.

Worth a week.

Could range anywhere between a $1500 fine and 3 weeks depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Gooooooooooooooorrrrrrnnnnnn....There were plenty of angles, clear elbow to the head. He's in trouble, weeks expected. Ben Long got 3 weeks... let's see what this gets. Ball was gone, chose to bump, left the ground, hit the head, head rocked back, player stumbled... terrible look for the AFL.
This 2nd clip is a shocker....

ClarkBump1.gif

ClarkBump2.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not seeing a raised elbow. The elbow looked mostly tucked in, and it seemed like the shoulder clocked him.

If that's the case, it's the usual Rough conduct charge (the default charge not involving a clear strike). It should be graded as Careless and High contact. Only thing left to decide is impact.

The player clocked got up immediately and played on, so as long as there is no adverse medical report, or we find out later on his jaw is broken, or he develops signs of concussion over the weekend, it should be graded as Low impact (meaning a fine).

If it's Medium impact, its a week.

If it was a raised elbow, it'll be a charge of Striking instead. In that case (Strike with a raised elbow) it'll be at least a week, even if the impact is graded as low, but I'd be challenging a striking charge in a heartbeat if I was Carlton. I just cant see the elbow raised.

Gooooooooooooooorrrrrrnnnnnn....There were plenty of angles, clear elbow to the head. He's in trouble, weeks expected. Ben Long got 3 weeks... let's see what this gets. Ball was gone, chose to bump, left the ground, hit the head, head rocked back, player stumbled... terrible look for the AFL.
This 2nd clip is a shocker....

View attachment 1070200

View attachment 1070201

Im not seeing the raised elbow (needed for a 'striking' charge). It looks to me like the elbow is tucked in and the shoulder gets him (the far more common charge of 'rough conduct').

I'm going with a charge of Rough conduct, with careless conduct, high contact and (at this stage) low impact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back