Free Agency Zac Williams [joins Carlton as an RFA for a 1st round compensation pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

He might improve out of sight and prove me wrong, but that is crazy money. Does he have skill? Yeah. Can he hit a target at pace? Yeah. Does he miss targets more often than he should? Yeah.

Far too big a 'hope' component in this signing for mine.
Sorry our football club didn’t run it by you before we signed him. Send us dusty and bolton

Not too sure that Zac is worth that much money, if it's true how much he is demanding. Never know these days, media just throw up any number.

If it were to be true, there's no way you'd pay him that much coin. He's a good player. But not worth the money he wants. Fyfe, Martin, Grundy, gawn, Dangerfield and maybe 1 or 2 others are worth what he's asking.

I'd assume he would be on more than their skipper who is a much much much better player.

Getting more than he's worth, but that's what it takes to pry a gun player from another club.

But i think this should mark the official end of any excuses for Carlton as still being developing. Minimum expectations for 2021 has to be finals. Teague should come out and say it.
When we played Carlton this year I believe they had more first rounders playing than us

Butler was a bad miss for us. Not sure on Ellis.

Yeah pretty right I think. Butler would have been great, so Carlton's bad there.

Carlton could have had Ellis instead of Martin for ~$150k less. Yeah no thanks. I'd rather Martin. Besides, they got Newnes for nicks, who's arguably been as good as Ellis this year. No mistake on that front.

Good get for the Blues - covers the loss of Simpson eh ?.

He wants to play midfield, and that's where we'll play him. We need some outside speed to complement Cripps.

We have cover for Simpson in Newman (who missed all this year with injury). Before this year Newman was covering for Docherty (who missed the whole year due to injury).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really dont get why people here are arguing about the contract length and value , He is a free agent and will be known as all free agent contracts are
Lynch,Dusty,Franklin,Shiel etc etc even Martin last year but from reports its looking like the 900k is about the mark and so what He is a free trade value and you always pay overs for them for not trading.

Its the $600k offer to Graham im more concerned about

So signed him at the end of 2018 and made finals in 2020. Zac hasn't even played a game, so going by your theory if we make finals next year (his first with the club) where ahead of the Saint? You see how silly that sound right?
Can we stop comparing Williams and Carlton with Saints and Hill?

Firstly we gave up 2 less first round picks.

Secondly we have 1500% more premierships.

Don’t worry Blues fans. The media tend to over inflate the numbers. As he’s a free agent, they will get their grubby little hands on the contract and we will find out what he’s getting paid.

They really are a pack of vultures this time of year.

Spot on Richo. They are keen as mustard to try find out and reveal players salaries, but are too gutless to reveal theirs ?
I bet Slobbo probably earns close to 1 Mil per year (if not more) to write the utter dross he does for the HUN.

And they (esp Slobbo) feign concern about the mental health of footy players, news flash constantly going on about how much they earn which leads to pressure and supporter discontentment if they fail to perform, adds up to any issues (depression and or anxiety) they may have.

You call them vultures, I call them parasites, esp with regards to the likes of Slobbo aka the Drunken Baffoon.

10 minute mark, looking forward to kicks like that to our talls, let alone smalls.

Anyone found the GWS prelim v Pies where he had a great game by all reports??

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Spot on Richo. They are keen as mustard to try find out and reveal players salaries, but are too gutless to reveal theirs ?
I bet Slobbo probably earns close to 1 Mil per year (if not more) to write the utter dross he does for the HUN.

And they (esp Slobbo) feign concern about the mental health of footy players, news flash constantly going on about how much they earn which leads to pressure and supporter discontentment if they fail to perform, adds up to any issues (depression and or anxiety) they may have.

You call them vultures, I call them parasites, esp with regards to the likes of Slobbo aka the Drunken Baffoon.

I'd suggest that the only people/groups that would know what the deal is at this stage are the following:
- Zac Williams
- His manager
- Carlton

Anyone else that is reporting a number is making a massive assumption based on limited info they've received. Ie North telling journo they offered $x, therefore Carlton must be offering $x+$y. GWS feeling scorned, disclosing their offer and then saying the only way he could have left (because he loved us so much) was for an extra $200K.
What is disappointing (but to be expected given the culture of the profession) is that most journos are reporting the higher number as if it's fact, without any caveat to say it could be within a range of 10%-20%.

I'd suggest that the only people/groups that would know what the deal is at this stage are the following:
- Zac Williams
- His manager
- Carlton

Anyone else that is reporting a number is making a massive assumption based on limited info they've received. Ie North telling journo they offered $x, therefore Carlton must be offering $x+$y. GWS feeling scorned, disclosing their offer and then saying the only way he could have left (because he loved us so much) was for an extra $200K.
What is disappointing (but to be expected given the culture of the profession) is that most journos are reporting the higher number as if it's fact, without any caveat to say it could be within a range of 10%-20%.
100%
Media spin from multiple clubs trying to soften the blow of not getting a signature.
The truth lies between 700 and 750.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back