Free Agency Zac Williams [joins Carlton as an RFA for a 1st round compensation pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

100%
Media spin from multiple clubs trying to soften the blow of not getting a signature.
The truth lies between 700 and 750.

I reckon you guys are starting to get an understanding of what we went through, and still are, with Polec's deal.

100%
Media spin from multiple clubs trying to soften the blow of not getting a signature.
The truth lies between 700 and 750.
For some reason, free agents contract (broken down by year) is made public when they sign. I don’t know who leaks it, probably the club the player is leaving from to ensure they get adequate compensation and positive public sentiment.

Happened with Tom Lynch a couple of years ago. Will happen with Williams as well. We will know what he’s paid in a couple of months. Whether it’s as low as $700k or as high as $900k is pure speculation at this point.

For some reason, free agents contract (broken down by year) is made public when they sign. I don’t know who leaks it, probably the club the player is leaving from to ensure they get adequate compensation and positive public sentiment.

Happened with Tom Lynch a couple of years ago. Will happen with Williams as well. We will know what he’s paid in a couple of months. Whether it’s as low as $700k or as high as $900k is pure speculation at this point.

I think it only happens to RFA. You’d imagine Williams would be on good wicket given North would have been offering >1m

You've got one of our best players and every GWS supporter has wished him well. Why are you acting like a goose?
Nuffies get up and about any time we dont look like we're gonna be trash for another consecutive year. Wish theyd stop peddling the old 'look how many flags we have' too, honestly just looks so cringe when we havent won anything in 20 odd years.

Good get by the blues, looking forward to seeing him as a midfielder next year and hopefully he can help take us back to finals footy in 2021

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nuffies get up and about any time we dont look like we're gonna be trash for another consecutive year. Wish theyd stop peddling the old 'look how many flags we have' too, honestly just looks so cringe when we havent won anything in 20 odd years.

Good get by the blues, looking forward to seeing him as a midfielder next year and hopefully he can help take us back to finals footy in 2021
Absolutely agree. He's a brilliant acquisition. He's also a very good internal leader which will only benefit the Blues.

Not true.

We’re actually paying him 1.7m-1.9m for 5 years.

Welcome aboard, Zach.

View attachment 970708

tenor.gif

Gatesy a Blue Bagger? I like it 👍👍👍

Absolutely agree. He's a brilliant acquisition. He's also a very good internal leader which will only benefit the Blues.

I feel that he may be underrated outside GWS due to being overshadowed by the big names (Kelly, Cogs, Whitfield, Greene, etc). Was instrumental in your finals run last year, and every data site ranks him as elite (or close to it). Wasn't aware about the leadership skills, and it's something we definitely need, especially with the retirements of Simmo and Kreuz.

Good get for the Blues I reckon.

Exciting player, and once we get back to being able to go to the footy the kids of guy it’s worth turning up to the footy to watch play.

Question - do the Blues continue to use him as a flanker? I seem to remember when injury forced GWS to give him a go in the middle he did well ...

Good get for the Blues I reckon.

Exciting player, and once we get back to being able to go to the footy the kids of guy it’s worth turning up to the footy to watch play.

Question - do the Blues continue to use him as a flanker? I seem to remember when injury forced GWS to give him a go in the middle he did well ...

Would have thought primarily as a midfielder/on the ball

Remove this Banner Ad

Back