Free Agency Zac Williams [joins Carlton as an RFA for a 1st round compensation pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Most of the attention will be on the Giants retaining fellow free agents Jeremy Cameron and Lachie Whitfield but Williams – from country New South Wales – should be a coveted signature, too. Averaged near-on 24 disposals this year playing mostly across half-back but his star showing as a midfielder against Collingwood in their preliminary final proved his first-class ability.

Last edited by a moderator:

Contract year... you would think he would come close to an AA this season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

750k x 5 would be reasonable
850k I reckon. Absolute gun and is somewhat forgotten about in the stacked Giants team with the likes of Conilgio, Kelly and Whitfield getting a lot of the plaudits but Williams is an AA level player. As has already been said will be a target of every club in the league. Could see the Suns throwing huge coin at him. Hawks and Blues will go hard for him too. He seems very loyal though. Being a NSW boy I wouldn't be surprised if he accepted under's to stay with the Giants in his home state and compete for flags. He'll turn down loads of money if he does stay though.

Giants have had a helluva cap cleanout in the past two years. They're not spending any money on rucks and not giving big money to high draft picks a la Ahern. They might just find a way to keep him.

Giants have had a helluva cap cleanout in the past two years. They're not spending any money on rucks and not giving big money to high draft picks a la Ahern. They might just find a way to keep him.
Don't let the truth get in the way of a good "Gill pays Giants players out of his own salary" narrative Mofra

850k I reckon. Absolute gun and is somewhat forgotten about in the stacked Giants team with the likes of Conilgio, Kelly and Whitfield getting a lot of the plaudits but Williams is an AA level player. As has already been said will be a target of every club in the league. Could see the Suns throwing huge coin at him. Hawks and Blues will go hard for him too. He seems very loyal though. Being a NSW boy I wouldn't be surprised if he accepted under's to stay with the Giants in his home state and compete for flags. He'll turn down loads of money if he does stay though.
We've pretty much openly stated we will have cap space for a big free agent at the end of this year.
Martin, Lyons, Lynch, May, Ah Chee off the books replaced with Ellis, Greenwood, Miles and rookies

Whether we can entice one remains to be seen.
We need half back runners, I'd be throwing cash at the man.

The chance to get his pic taken with the 3 Peat cups, do you think that would get it done?

Possibly, but you should hope your president isn’t involved in the discussions considering his outspoken thoughts on anyone not white.
Then there’s also having to wear brown and yellow.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back