Senior Zac Williams

Remove this Banner Ad

If you want a good laugh then read this version of the article which appears to have, at my best guess, been translated into another language then back again.

Such fine statements as:

View attachment 1001350

And I'm sure this is a word-for-word quote by Zac:
View attachment 1001351
And don't forget the paintings...
View attachment 1001356
Good read! Did laugh a lot.
AI aint all that its cracked up to be...

Not sure how to post ta link but did people see Jon Ralph article on how clubs manipulate deals with free-agents to avoid trade.

Basically said clubs front-end these so that the departing club get the high-compo pick and target club avoids having to trade. Applauded Carlton as he said GWS offered Zac $750K over 5 years and ours averaged out at maybe $850K. Said it was better to shell out an extra $100K and keep your picks as only small percentage of total cap.

Welcome Zac into our famous club and I’m sure you will love playing infront of our large passionate supporters who will truly appreciate your skills and speeeeeed
I would love for our club to be the go to club for all indigenous players
I think you’ll be the steal of 2020

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm lots of time still but so far has been one of the biggest disappointments this year.

We gave a 6 year contract to a bloke with a bit of injury history and so far has already missed 2 games through 'soreness' and been poor in the others.

Williams was meant to be our 'big fish' to help our struggling midfield. So the list management team identified the right weakness, but so far seemingly targeted the wrong player to fix it.

Williams only played a few games as a mid at GWS...it seems like we almost recruited him and offered $800k p.a off his 1 outstanding performance in a PF vs Collingwood where he played as a mid. When offering a big contract to someone to help our midfield, I would really have preferred someone with runs on the board and a long history of being a gun mid, rather than basically 1 game.

Hmmm lots of time still but so far has been one of the biggest disappointments this year.

We gave a 6 year contract to a bloke with a bit of injury history and so far has already missed 2 games through 'soreness' and been poor in the others.

Williams was meant to be our 'big fish' to help our struggling midfield. So the list management team identified the right weakness, but so far seemingly targeted the wrong player to fix it.

Williams only played a few games as a mid at GWS...it seems like we almost recruited him and offered $800k p.a off his 1 outstanding performance in a PF vs Collingwood where he played as a mid. When offering a big contract to someone to help our midfield, I would really have preferred someone with runs on the board and a long history of being a gun mid, rather than basically 1 game.

He's actually smaller than I thought he was, and doesn't have a lot of physical presence. Basically, he's a slightly softer SPS but with far more pace and defensive nous. Needs to go back.

I don't know if he is carrying something, but our style does not suit him, and I fear already that this is going to haunt us. Something seems wrong with him.

Can’t shake the feeling we are going to rue bringing him in on his inflated contract. He isn’t slightly underperforming like someone like Shiel, he is a genuine liability at the moment.

Reckon the club felt a bit of pressure to sign a ‘big fish’ and jumped at the first semi-decent player available. Came with a couple of risks attached - not being a full time (or even part time) mid, injury prone, only a season or two of top tier footy (as a flanker)... As a lifelong Carlton supporter I thought he’d come to the club full of effort and elevate his game, but he’s been terrible in the first part of the season.

Last edited:
To early to judge, he is a fantastic hbf and if he has to go back there so be it. Yes paid to much for an A grade hbf but not really a bust.

Played well in the preseason games as a midfielder and there is something going on with his body at the moment. Give him another month at least to judge him, can’t just lose your talent over night.

To early to judge, he is a fantastic hbf and if he has to go back there so be it. Yes paid to much for an A grade hbf but not really a bust.

Played well in the preseason games as a midfielder and there is something going on with his body at the moment. Give him another month at least to judge him, can’t just lose your talent over night.
If he doesn't get back to being an A grade HBF, then its a bust of massive proportions.

He's actually smaller than I thought he was, and doesn't have a lot of physical presence. Basically, he's a slightly softer SPS but with far more pace and defensive nous. Needs to go back.

I don't know if he is carrying something, but our style does not suit him, and I fear already that this is going to haunt us. Something seems wrong with him.
Can he go back though?

We have Doch, Saad and possibly SPS & Newman & Stock filling similar roles.

Add in Weits, Jones, Plow & maybe Parks and it's starting to get a bit cramped down there.

With the $ he's on he has to been in the starting 18 when fit. Same as McG.

Buggered if I know where that is though.

I must admit i was expecting more an impact player but he just doesnt seem to stand out at all. Concerned we have paid him so much.

Can he go back though?

We have Doch, Saad and possibly SPS & Newman & Stock filling similar roles.

Add in Weits, Jones, Plow & maybe Parks and it's starting to get a bit cramped down there.

With the $ he's on he has to been in the starting 18 when fit. Same as McG.

Buggered if I know where that is though.
That's the thing. Each one of Saad, Williams, Doc and Newman are best 22 when fully fit. We need Williams to slot into the midfield, otherwise Saad/Doc on the wing is the other option (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back