Zaccy wants 43

Remove this Banner Ad

AndyWalkersGirl

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 21, 2006
The Apple Isle.
AFL Club
Carlton
Just on the news, the clip of Kouta's interview, laughing about another 'mad irishman' wearing the no. 43, and that it could look good on him or something.

I have a feeling this number, if passed on next year, will get deserved respect :thumbsu:

Let's get the big fella on the park first, see what he's made of. If NWTYRX is right and its retired for next season (the jumper), then at the end of 2008 we can see if Zaccy deserves it. :thumbsu:

Can't wait for the Irish twin towers to be terrorising teams in the future!

HAHA get stuffed Aisake, what do you think this is, play a game first, if anything give it to my man carrazzo so Koutas memory can live on, or give it to a high draft pick.

Aisake O'Hailpin - nooooo way

retire it, dont rush into it i.e bentick on rattens number

i dont want asaike giving 43 a bad name i have heard he is very aggressive so i would give it to a leader like kouta was. my nominations are

Grigg (he captained vic metro im pretty sure)
Murphy
Gibbs
s o'hailpan (because he loves the club even though might not be a leader of the club)
or a draft pick like cotchin, grimes, masten or palmer

during the interview, sticks asked kouta if he would like the number to be retired, he said he wants to pass it on, and that aisake wants it the most, Aisake is the next step up for a player like Kouta, when kouta came into the afl, noone thought a man his size could move like so, now his retiring lets give it to aisake, coz his body type and athletism is going to be the next perfect footballer, 200+cm players running like midfielders

i dont want asaike giving 43 a bad name i have heard he is very aggressive so i would give it to a leader like kouta was. my nominations are

Murphy
Gibbs
s o'hailpan (because he loves the club even though might not be a leader of the club)
Gibbs and Murphy wont be swaping to 43.They will make there own history with there own numbers.As for A.Ohailpan yeah he wears 45 now.i would give him 43 after 2008.if he done it justice

Murphy
Gibbs

mate i am a cats supporter and i know he played for vic country...

murphy and gibbs both have awesome numbers and would want to keep them. i say give it to your best draft pick next year...

Murphy
Gibbs

That would be Leigh Adams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mate i am a cats supporter and i know he played for vic country...

murphy and gibbs both have awesome numbers and would want to keep them. i say give it to your best draft pick next year...
i live in wa so i know pretty much nothing about vic metro and vic country but was he captain of vic country because im sure i heard he captained one of the sides

Just for the record, Kouta wore number 43 because that was the year his mother was born.

there's your useless fact for the day

Read on afl.com.au they'll retire it for 08, but would like to see Aisake get the number. If he's anything like Setanta, he'll deserve it on passion alone. :thumbsu:

Swan went to say that it would be retired, but kouta cut him off and said he would perfer to hand it Aisake

There's been a policy in recent years to retire premiership players' numbers for a set period (not sure if it's 1 or 2 years), so Aisake will debut in another number.

I think the former player may have a say about who gets their old number after that time.

1 year 'retirement' for premiership players

Murphy
Gibbs

Grigg played for Vic Country you idiot!

Read on afl.com.au they'll retire it for 08, but would like to see Aisake get the number. If he's anything like Setanta, he'll deserve it on passion alone. :thumbsu:

I'm pleased to see that they are going to retire it for the 2008 season. I guess Zaccy would be as good a choice as any for the No. 43.

speaking of retiring numbers, we should retired the number 10 jumper, it ruins new young player's career!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back