Sky

Doctor Demise
Feb 14, 2021
NT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Raptors, Storm, Chelsea
I like many have been a huge critic of Zach Guthrie, but what a ******* game he played today against North Melbourne. Imagine a few critics will go into hiding like normal but I can now see why the club has persisted with him. Take a bow, kiddo!
💙🤍

Awesome...

I've been one of the first to bag him but he was great today, deserves every single one of his plaudits.

Now to prove this is the start of something, and not a flash in the pan.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Played really well in the first half and great that we can bring players in and they can contribute. I’ll try and cringe less if he’s named in the future. Anyone who plays for the club I hope they play well. Played well today good for the club that we’ve got players that can step up.

I think he's been perfectly fine in a back-up/depth position on our list to date. I can recall him playing one stinker and a couple of anonymous games, but generally he steps in to the 22 with little fanfare and plays his part. Today he took a step forward for sure, but I'm not down with the narrative that he had previously been terrible.

Hes a good squad player..low wages..comes in and does his job when needed..reliable and no fuss and keeps improving. Definitely worth keeping on the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will be crickets in here from the sfellowers, of course. Fact is, though, today was the first game for quite some time that Zach got to play the role that he's been killing for ages in the twos. And he showed that he is more than proficient to play it in the seniors as well. I would fully agree with those who say he's not been much chop playing on the wing or in other roles around the ball in the seniors. But he is clearly quite capable to play a role in the back six that involves winning the ball as it comes in and using it efficiently on the way out. Did it on the bit today.

His game against the Kangas should actually compel some of our resident cynics here to be less effusive in their vitriol regarding our 'know nothing' M.C. and their supposed predilection to overly enjoy their shiny cars. In the end, Zuth clearly has the ability to play solid senior footy in the role to which he is best suited. And whether he gets enough chances in that position or not, hopefully we'll see less of the puerile Zuthrie 'melting' that is as now about as jaded as Meatloaf's GF 2011 performance.

Well done, Zach. I'm sure those in the know at the club weren't remotely surprised by what you produced today. And those with less idea suddenly have far less faux credibility to carry on with their "little boy in a man's game" schtick around here in the future.

Last edited:
Zuthrie has been frustrating at times, but he's starting to get a feel for the game. Many times today he made the right call under pressure. That's what you want in your team - good on him. Now just needs to muscle up and not get injured. Hoping for the best for him.

You've got to be patient enough to let the kids make mistakes and learn. And it's a lot harder for these kids to do that in a team that's full of superstars so they only get to play one game every month or two.

Hes a good squad player..low wages..comes in and does his job when needed..reliable and no fuss and keeps improving. Definitely worth keeping on the list.

Id say one can see that by the time he is 25 or so he could a solid footballer. Maybe sooner but I want to see wht he plays like when the game is not moving like setting concrete. His kicking is certainly not the worst in the backline.

A sensible measured post as per usual PO. Jeepers the peeps that come out of the woodwork with 'hallelujahs' after one very good effort in a poor game. As I've said before I reckon Zuthrie would look a treat on the training track, his vulnerability has always been not coping with pressure, of which he had little today. Pleased for him today and hope it's the new composed Zuthrie but I'd be more than a little concerned taking him into a final on past performances where the constant pressure is on. One swallow does not a summer make.

Has always shown poise and executes the fundamentals with a minimum of fuss. Like his brother, he reads the play well and gets involved.

Given his initial stick figure physique when drafted, it was always clear he needed several preseasons to develop the requisite body strength to compete at the top level.

Has always shown poise and executes the fundamentals with a minimum of fuss. Like his brother, he reads the play well and gets involved.

Given his initial stick figure physique when drafted, it was always clear he needed several preseasons to develop the requisite body strength to compete at the top level.
LOL!

A toast thread for Zac G ? ..... Whoa there..... one game ..well done. but has plenty to do yet... like playing well against a side that is not 18th on the ladder

Must admit I had others pegged to be the first to iT’s jUsT oNe gAMe. Maybe I have them all on ignore! :D

Must admit I had others pegged to be the first to iT’s jUsT oNe gAMe. Maybe I have them all on ignore! :D

Im not knocking him , but a toast thread? I have read enough stuff on here that tells me this thread is setting him up for a bake. I do not think you would find it hard to find negative comments about him on this forum.

Good game . Well done. Do it again.

Im not knocking him , but a toast thread? I have read enough stuff on here that tells me this thread is setting him up for a bake. I do not think you would find it hard to find negative comments about him on this forum.

Pretty standard.

I think it shows that there’s a player in him, a player that I didn’t think was there before today. I’m not expecting much from him for the rest of 2021 but he’s now shown something. He’ll be with us for a couple of years yet and you never know 🤷🏻‍♀️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back