Zach Merrett offered 1 week for striking

I have no issues with this as long as every other player who does action gets 1 week also.

there will be 20 suspensions a game.

Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Merret got kissed by Michael Christian categorising his act as "careless" as opposed to "intentional". If it was classified as intentional (which it clearly was, little dog midget, hope you enjoyed the loss Merrett) then he would have got 3 weeks.

You have to be astouned by the arrogance and entitlement of Essendon reading today that they are 'considering' challening the decision. You literally saved yourself two weeks already because of the AFL's infatuation with you and your status as protected players, don't push your luck.

Merret got kissed by Michael Christian categorising his act as "careless" as opposed to "intentional". If it was classified as intentional (which it clearly was, little dog midget, hope you enjoyed the loss Merrett) then he would have got 3 weeks.

You have to be astouned by the arrogance and entitlement of Essendon reading today that they are 'considering' challening the decision. You literally saved yourself two weeks already because of the AFL's infatuation with you and your status as protected players, don't push your luck.

lol thats a great melt mate.

Who got the four points mate? No melt needed.

Stay getting looked after by the AFL

who gives a s**t? neither of us are going to make finals anyway?

How exactly are we getting looked after by the AFL? Again? when did they look after us in the first place?

you should trying being less emotional.

As long as every other player who does this action gets a week too then no issues from me.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
who gives a sh*t? neither of us are going to make finals anyway?

How exactly are we getting looked after by the AFL? Again? when did they look after us in the first place?

you should trying being less emotional.

As long as every other player who does this action gets a week too then no issues from me.
Speak for yourself...

Jun 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
San Antonio, West Ham, Renegades
I don’t particularly like the outcome dictating the sentence, such as the Burgoyne tackle on Dangerfield; and this action does happen a fair few times over the weekend that no one even looks at.

But 1 week was always going to be the likely result here. It’s an unnecessary action, definitely not a footballing play like he was trying to tackle, hard to argue that there was not enough force when the guy missed the rest of the game.

I don’t like the action so I don’t mind the decision but can’t see people getting fines or suspensions when players do this and someone isn’t hurt.

WN123

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
I wonder whether Jack Silvagni had a previous injury in that area and the tap from Merrett aggravated a previous injury, but in all
honesty crap tough guy acts from behind should be punished, make a fist and strike miss a week.
Been hit countless times in the ribs with some pretty solid hits. Then I had my ribs broken with a gentle glancing blow. Must have got me just right. I guess this one was the same.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I have no issues with this as long as every other player who does action gets 1 week also.

there will be 20 suspensions a game.

You reckon Sicily or Greene punching a guy in the ribs and breaking them and sending them to hospital would have only been 1 week?

It would have been 3 to 4 weeks, and the media would have been all for it.

Back