Recommitted Zach Merrett [Re-Signed til 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

The trade with GWS. Because dodoro was a pain in the ass to work with. It took Paul conners shiels manager to walk in there and say get the deal done or he’s going to Carlton to finally cave in and give two first.
lol

you Hawthorn posters come up with some almighty garbage sometimes

Funny how I look through all these threads and supporters of the current team say this player is worth x, and all the other supporters laugh and say he's not worth as much as one of theirs.

It's a wonder any players move clubs.
to be fair, when you look back on most trades involving high profile players they are closer to what said players clubs supporters rate them as than the majority of big footy posters.

What's the sense from Essendon supporters on this one? Is he up for grabs? Our first this year and next would surely be on the table.

He's not on the table, hasn't requested a trade. Nor has there been any open discussion from he or Essendon about a move.

Media just took a private discussion and ran with players being disgruntled and wanting out which is not the case. BigFooty at it's finest has gone further and are saying he's worth * all and Essendon should get shafted.

He's not on the table, hasn't requested a trade. Nor has there been any open discussion from he or Essendon about a move.

Media just took a private discussion and ran with players being disgruntled and wanting out which is not the case. BigFooty at it's finest has gone further and are saying he's worth fu** all and Essendon should get shafted.
So maybe a second coming back then?

We're a better side in large part due to Prestia. We went from 13th to premiers in his first year. He's a better player than Merrett. Best and fairest in a premiership year carries 10 times more weight than a B&F in a sh*t team or a flavour of the month All Home and Away selection. Played two grand finals, got Norm Smith votes in both. In our top 5 players in just about every final he's played. Still the most underrated player in the game.

I agree with your last point. Merrett is worth a top-10 pick, even if he is inferior to Prestia. Which he is.
Ok Prestia is a better player than Cripps because Prestia was winning premierships while Cripps was winning wooden spoons. Is that how it goes?

Ridiculous logic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah that’s impressive. Nowhere near as good as a best and fairest in a premiership year though :)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ridiculous logic. It's impossible for Merrett to have won a B&F in a Premiership year.

By your flawed logic Prestia is a better player than Fyfe, Dangerfield, Cripps, Bontempelli and Pendlebury - I don't think so.

Last edited:
Merrett is worth two first rounders, one would be top 7ish.

There’s no point trying with dodo, better off enduring a year and leaving as a fa

I agree. He is a 24 year old star.

I'd love to have him at Hawthorn but we cant afford him.

Bombers need to sort their s**t out or they might end up losing him for nothing in 12 months.

Do people honestly believe the dribble the media are feeding you?

Seriously deluded to think Merrett is worth SFA, if he is to leave vi free agency we still match the bid next year and force a trade anyways.

He isn't going anywhere. Get a handle on yourselves.

All started because Merret unfollowed Essendon on his intsagram bio

Wasn't it reported that the AFL recommend players to unfollow their club via social media during the off season for mental health?

All started because Merret unfollowed Essendon on his intsagram bio

Wasn't it reported that the AFL recommend players to unfollow their club via social media during the off season for mental health?
Tracc did the same with Dees

Idea is in your off time your social media isn't full of posts from your workplace.

I would be doing the same too why would you want to be reminded about your work place during holidays
i put my phone and laptop away.
My boss has my personal number and appreciates what's urgent to get me in on and what isn't

the 99% disconnect is helpful

Ridiculous logic. It's impossible for Merrett to have won a B&F in a Premiership year.

By your flawed logic Prestia is a better player than Fyfe, Dangerfield, Cripps, Bontempelli and Pendlebury - I don't think so.

I didn't say that winning a B&F in a premiership side makes you the best player in the league.
I simply said that I believe winning a B&F in a premiership year is more impressive than winning 1 in a middle of the road side.

I would trade Merrett For a fair price as we are predominantly one sized in the midfield. I reckon he is worth about pick 10. He can certainly win the footy on the outside however his ball use is only moderately effective for mine.

I would trade Merrett For a fair price as we are predominantly one sized in the midfield. I reckon he is worth about pick 10. He can certainly win the footy on the outside however his ball use is only moderately effective for mine.

Done. Ill get Austin and Dodoro to start filling out the paperwork

to be fair, when you look back on most trades involving high profile players they are closer to what said players clubs supporters rate them as than the majority of big footy posters.

I would wholeheartedly disagree with this.

It's usually in the middle of what the incumbent club supporters and the destination club supporters suggest (normally demand and stamp their feet about if we are honest).

Weeding out trolls and people who have biases against certain clubs, I would say most reasonable 'neutrals' in these threads usually get closest to the mark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back