Recommitted Zach Merrett [Re-Signed til 2027]

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Clearly wants to play as a full-time on baller, but has played most of the year on a wing with Essendon clearly preferring the Shiel, Mcgrath, Parish trio at centre bounces.

Could work something out with Carlton.

Carlton needs more offensive mids like Merrett to be threatening and take attention off Cripps. Essendon needs more grunt, although not sure who from Carlton is available (assuming Setterfield is locked in).

Clearly wants to play as a full-time on baller, but has played most of the year on a wing with Essendon clearly preferring the Shiel, Mcgrath, Parish trio at centre bounces.

Could work something out with Carlton.

Carlton needs more offensive mids like Merrett to be threatening and take attention off Cripps. Essendon needs more grunt, although not sure who from Carlton is available (assuming Setterfield is locked in).

We'd want picks instead of players.

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
Would give Bombers 5&6 this year, Will Phillips and a key position in that range.

Brodie was a former pick 9 and Wright former pick 8.

He's a contracted 24-year-old skillful, inside/outside midfielder that has been an AA, dual B&F winner that has never finished outside the top four (besides his debut year), has captained the club probably 10+ times and has only missed two games over the last five years.

If that doesn't warrant two first round picks, I don't know what does.

Gibbs wasnt worth 2 x 1sts. He is a great example of the risk of massively overpaying.

He was probably worth it the year earlier, and could have won the Crows a flag that following season, in fact the year after the trade fell through was Gibbs best season. What made it worse for the Crows is they gave what they didn't want to a year later.

scooter600x

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2003
Behind the goals, Geelong Rd end
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He's a contracted 24-year-old skillful, inside/outside midfielder that has been an AA, dual B&F winner that has never finished outside the top four (besides his debut year), has captained the club probably 10+ times and has only missed two games over the last five years.

If that doesn't warrant two first round picks, I don't know what does.
A good player?

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I reckon clubs are scared to give up 2x firsts these days. It's backfired more times than it hasn't. Clubs got excited when first being able to trade future picks and went overboard.

I think 1x first & 1x second rounder is fair value.

If Saad, Danniher and Merrett all move on they may want a mid skilled player and a 1st.

Back