Zach Merrett vs. Jack Billings

Zach Merrett or Jack Billings

• Merrett

• Billings

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Merrett is in a different league atm. One of my favourite non-Melbourne players. It's ridiculous how consistent he has been. Would it be too much of a stretch to say that, in a stronger side, he'd be in top 3 Brownlow contention on current form?
you hate saying it about your own players so I won't.

But I will just note that he's the kind of player that has a lot of hurt factor, and the kind of guy I reckon that once the hype catches up the performance, will be noticed a lot by umpires

It's pretty damning that Billings, largely a forward, has kicked 3.11 in his 12 games this year. Merrett as a midfielder has kicked 6.5.

Billings has 10 goal assists for the season, Merrett in a terrible side has 9.

For a player with supposedly elite footskills that is trash from Billings, no matter how it is spun.

It's pretty damning that Billings, largely a forward, has kicked 3.11 in his 12 games this year. Merrett as a midfielder has kicked 6.5.

Billings has 10 goal assists for the season, Merrett in a terrible side has 9.

For a player with supposedly elite footskills that is trash from Billings, no matter how it is spun.
You can stop trolling now :)

Did you enjoy the game on the weekend mate?

Riewoldt sure did dominate Roberts & Co.

Last edited:
Second to the Bont now from that draft, marginally ahead of Cripps?
That would be a big call. Just depends what you're looking for I guess. Josh Kelly definitely has to be in the conversation too. Just have a look at his stats from the last two months of footy. Uses it as good as anyone in the Comp.

Second to the Bont now from that draft, marginally ahead of Cripps?
Ooh I dunno about that, Jayden Hunt at 57 a good get too ;).
Personally I'd have it like this:
1. Bont
2. Cripps
3. Merrett/Kelly
4. Merrett/Kelly
5. M. Crouch

75. Aish

Lol, never change MoC.
His hatred of us is always amusing and still obsessed with billings.

That would be a big call. Just depends what you're looking for I guess. Josh Kelly definitely has to be in the conversation too. Just have a look at his stats from the last two months of footy. Uses it as good as anyone in the Comp.
Kelly was the mid everyone wanted from that draft I think and north fans were sad that his dad did not play more games with them.

His hatred of us is always amusing and still obsessed with billings.

Kelly was the mid everyone wanted from that draft I think and north fans were sad that his dad did not play more games with them.
You've sort of got to admire the fact that his team lost to us on the weekend and he still desperately looks for things to troll us with.

You've sort of got to admire the fact that his team lost to us on the weekend and he still desperately looks for things to troll us with.
I dont even think he knows that billings has not been the same after his ankle injury.

But trolling does not need research.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whenever you are done discussing me, I did make a pretty salient point. Anyone trying to justify Billings this season is well off. He hasn't been injured for all 12 games.

There's always an excuse though. Just like last year.

Whenever you are done discussing me, I did make a pretty salient point. Anyone trying to justify Billings this season is well off. He hasn't been injured for all 12 games.

Nor has he been poor in all 12 games, was going pretty well before he got injured, but feel free to ignore that.

Nor has he been poor in all 12 games, was going pretty well before he got injured, but feel free to ignore that.

Three goals and nine goal assists for a player who either plays forward or is the one delivering into the forwardline is "pretty well"?

He's had a couple of good games but has largely been poor. Including on the weekend despite the good team win.

You mean last year when he had stress fractures in his legs?

These damn excuses.

You mean last year when he had stress fractures in his legs?

These damn excuses.
Its almost like Billings has yet to get a clear run at it which is shown with the fact that he has not yet broken the 40 games mark.

But when he has been fit has has been excellent, His off games are still pretty good.

Its almost like a certain someone has a obsession with him and cant admit that he is wrong.

Didn't Jack win us the game from 55 points down against your mob?

He'll be fine.

Yep. Kicked 4 that day. Then kicked 3 more goals for the year.

Kind of like the day jarrad grant kicked 6.
Once again what did Bont do whilst Jack was winning the game for the Saints?

SFA :D

Once again what did Bont do whilst Jack was winning the game for the Saints?

SFA :D

What an odd comment.

No one, and I mean NO ONE would take Billings ahead of Bont.

I'm reading a lot of off-topic replies but nothing that answers my original and decisive point.

3.11 and 9 goal assists in 12 games is a terrible return for a player of billings' supposed talent and the role he plays.

It isn't a contest between he and Merrett. Merrett plays his role better against adversity and contributes more than billings.

Back