Recommitted Zach Merrett [Re-Signed til 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

If he were prepared to leave Essendon, Carlton would pay 2 first round draft picks in a heartbeat. Perfect age profile and skill set to bring into our list this pre season.
2 firsts with a second going back is about right I think. We will be bottom 2-3 next year and Carlton should be near the 8 so it could be something like Pick 7 this year and pick 12 next year for a pick around 20 next year

Reckon Merrett is worth the two 1sts with a 2nd back every day of the week. Kids a gun with 8+ years left AND he's contracted

I'll be pretty ******* shatterd if he goes love him

I know they are 2 different players but it will feel like when Neale left Fremantle if Merret goes

2 x 1sts and anyone other than Weitering, Cripps, Walsh, McKay, C. Curnow or TDK for Merrett and Saad.

Martin and Setterfield probably untouchable too but less so.

I'm a massive fan.

There has been some talk about him on the Carlton board but I just can't get my head around him wanting out let alone a deal getting done between Carlton/Essendon.

Would love it to happen though obviously and would be prepared to pay very handsomely for it to happen.

People need to stop talking about value in terms of the round of the pick.

'2 firsts' is way too vague.

Merrett is in no way worth 2 top 5 picks.

Merrett is absolutely worth 2 picks in the 14-18 range.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon Merrett is worth the two 1sts with a 2nd back every day of the week. Kids a gun with 8+ years left AND he's contracted

Agreed and I'd be happy for carlton to pay it.

Could be a nice piece for essendon IF:
  • Merret truly is disgruntled and is open to moving
  • They get something like carltons 2 x 1st rounders and send a 2nd rounder with merret
  • Use the picks at the draft
  • Then get Brad Crouch, the big bodied inside mid their midfield needs, as FA for free
  • Bring in a KPF similar to Peter Wright on the cheap
  • A player like Parish gets more midfield time

If he wanted to come to Carlton, I’d hand over 2 firsts, with something coming back. Or 2 firsts and a player for him and Saad.

He's a contracted 24-year-old skillful, inside/outside midfielder that has been an AA, dual B&F winner that has never finished outside the top four (besides his debut year), has captained the club probably 10+ times and has only missed two games over the last five years.

If that doesn't warrant two first round picks, I don't know what does.

Match winners are worth that price that’s about it , probably something around L Neale’s value I’d say a decent 1st and 2nd

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

People need to stop talking about value in terms of the round of the pick.

'2 firsts' is way too vague.

Merrett is in no way worth 2 top 5 picks.

Merrett is absolutely worth 2 picks in the 14-18 range.

Comedy festival isnt on this year bud, maybe keep practicing though

Happy to give up richmonds 2020+2021 1st rounders
Dont want anything back.

Always liked this kid and would be a serious weapon at Richmond
Trouble is Richmond’s first rounders will more than likely be picks around 20 😂
There would have to be a top 10 involved as a minimum although I’d rather him go to you guys than Carlton
After all the kicks the club has given its fans this would probably be the straw that breaks the camels back for many fans if we let him go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back