Recommitted Zach Merrett [Re-Signed til 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

I would be pretty sure that the Bulldogs would not entertain any thought of getting Merrett if it meant losing Macrae.

Macrae is seriously under rated,
You clearly haven’t watched Macrae over the last 2.5 years. A much different player to the original stat padding winger he once was. Is a 2xAA (last two years, not 1 time four years ago) for a reason.

Who said he was garbage? Merrett is actually one of my favourite midfielders. Brilliant ball user and hard as nails. Will look awesome in Navy Blue come next season.
I never said Macrae wasa bad player. I rate him very highly. Merrett is still a better player though.

You clearly haven’t watched Macrae over the last 2.5 years. A much different player to the original stat padding winger he once was. Is a 2xAA (last two years, not 1 time four years ago) for a reason.

Who said he was garbage? Merrett is actually one of my favourite midfielders. Brilliant ball user and hard as nails. Will look awesome in Navy Blue come next season.
i post this in all the threads where i don't want a player to leave.
Has worked out well so far, so no navy blue zachy for you :p

I guess you are entitled to your opinion, even though recent history shows the AA selectors don't agree with you.
Because All Australian is such an accurate gauge of how good a player is. I mean, a few years back the Brownlow medalist missed out on an AA guernsey.
yeah but they are just Essendon haters, because eth says
Isn't it funny how people complain about guys like Richo, Ling, Darcy, Jackovich and co so often yet are always eager to use AA as a reference, where those people make up a significant portion of thepanel?

Because All Australian is such an accurate gauge of how good a player is. I mean, a few years back the Brownlow medalist missed out on an AA guernsey.

Well of course AA selection is not a definitive guide, but you asserting that Merrett is better than Macrae has no better relevance.

It is your opinion and your opinion is not shared by those AA selectors and the AA selectors are not alone in that view.

Well of course AA selection is not a definitive guide, but you asserting that Merrett is better than Macrae has no better relevance.

It is your opinion and your opinion is not shared by those AA selectors and the AA selectors are not alone in that view.
It's a pretty terrible guide actually. The panel is full of imbeciles who would rather push an agenda rather than just pick the best side of any relevant year.

I’m glad we didn’t give up a chance at Nik Cox who went slightly earlier. Good deal for the bombers nonetheless.
Hated losing Saad. He's a gun. But Hind has settled in nicely and it looks like Redman is back in form. Shame we missed him last night, Guelfi (for all his endeavour) isn't as good.

Zach Reid is supposed to be a very good defender. Andrews/Fletcher type. So that bodes well.

It's a pretty terrible guide actually. The panel is full of imbeciles who would rather push an agenda rather than just pick the best side of any relevant year.
this is true.
it's like using the 22under22 team (Zach has 3, Dunks 1). It's a popular vote.

I would say Zach and Macrae are fairly similar players. They play a hybrid of roles, cover a lot of ground but aren't your Bont/Dusty impact style mids.
Hard working/running accumulators who are elite in most areas of their game.

If both clubs traded players, it would be a net outcome.
Dons would get a slightly better clearance players, Dogs would get a slightly better tackling player. but that's about it based on the stats.
Macrae is taller.

So you know more than anyone who disagrees with you.

I would agree that the world is not short of imbeciles, but you stating your opinion as fact doesn't qualify you any better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you know more than anyone who disagrees with you.

I would agree that the world is not short of imbeciles, but you stating your opinion as fact doesn't qualify you any better.
I never said that. But if you take a look in this thread, who's argued against my opinion? A Carlton supporter and a few Bulldogs supporters.

Wouldn't go that far, but yeah some selections in the AA team have been baffling in recent seasons (such as Guthrie last year. WTF)

So if you don't want to use AA's as a factor what do you want to use? I'm not sure what you base Merrett is better. They were close in 2019 but Macrea outperformed in in 2019 and 2018. Stats and coaches votes clearly favor Macrea.

Or are the coaches imbeciles and stats irrelevant?

FWIW - they are both guns.

and you aren’t an imbecile with an agenda I bet? Just a neutral observer?

what defines an imbecile? If you had a media profile would people be free to treat you the same.

Macrae>Merrett, but it’s close

and you aren’t an imbecile with an agenda I bet? Just a neutral observer?

what defines an imbecile? If you had a media profile would people be free to treat you the same.

Macrae>Merrett, but it’s close
You're right, it is close, but the other way around
peak bigfooty stupidity. Well done
You trying to put forward an argument that I'm the only one in this debate that's biased? Yeah, okay.

You trying to put forward an argument that I'm the only one in this debate that's biased? Yeah, okay.

no. I’m calling out your argument that only you and people you agree with aren’t biased.

you’ve called the AA selectors imbeciles and anyone who disagrees with you as Essendon haters. Just because.

wake up and smell the kool aid you are chugging down.

What the hell has Jackson Macrae got to do with this thread, especially when he is not out of contract?

This thread is descending into bay 13 shitfighting now, make an open, public poll on the polls board and let the BF community decide there.

Macrae has nothing to do with Zerrett and his future plans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back