Dr Geoffrey Edelsten's jacuzzi
AFL Club
Carlton
42. Zach Tuohy

tuohy_zach_o.png

DOB: 10/12/1989

Height: 187cm

Weight: 91kg

Draft History: Pick 73 (Carlton), 2010 Rookie Draft International selection. Pick 102 (Carlton), 2012 National Draft - Rookie Elevation

Recruited From: Ireland

Debut: Round 11, 2011 vs Port Adelaide

Twitter: twitter.com/zach2e

Career Highlights: Video to be provided

2013 Forecast:
2013 looms as a defining season for Zach Tuohy. He is playing under a coach in Malthouse who has experienced the highs and lows of the Irish experiment having coached Marty Clarke into becoming one of the more surprising impact players several years ago at the Pies. Sadly, Clarke decided to return home to Ireland before we got to see his peak - but has since returned after Malthouse left the Pies. I would expect Malthouse to determine which position Tuohy is best suited at at the AFL level - whether that is as a sweeping defender or as a half forward with his goal scoring ability. As the club have a number of promising young players coming through at both of the positions Tuohy has been primarily played at, Tuohy risks being superfluous to list requirements if he has a poor season. I hope that is not the case as I'm a fan of his pure abilities and developing ruggedness.

• Banned
Re: Zach Tuohy - International Rookie (Ireland)

Changes to the Carlton List for 2010

Other New Players for 2010
Zach Tuohy - International Rookie from Ireland

Changes to the Carlton List for 2010

Link

Unfortunately AFL clubs have taken thier toll, as Conor Meredith is already signed up with North Melbourne while Zach Tuohy will join Carlton in the coming weeks.

Link

Welcome to Carlton.

First steps in long journey at Carlton

VFL next year, but Tuohy has the ability to make an impact in his first season.

"Carlton first contacted me when I was 17, but I was probably a bit young to come over," Tuohy said yesterday.

"But I've matured a bit. Everything's come together and I think it's the right time."

Tuohy spent a month with the Blues last season, striking up a friendship with compatriot Setanta O'hAilpin.

"Setanta's pretty big news back home. He's a big deal," Tuohy said.

"He invited me around for dinner last time."

First steps in long journey at Carlton

195757.jpg

I think he has white bandages on the knee.

Hard to tell with that translucent Irish tan.

Whats the injury?

Natural attrition trying to support those tree trunks he calls thighs. ;)

We all knew it was happening but Zach today officially became a Carlton Footballer. :thumbsu:

Height: 187cm
Weight: 91kg
DOB: 10/12/89
Recruited from: County Laois

From County Laois, near Dublin, in Ireland as an international rookie. Caught the eye of Blues recruiters after excellent performances at junior level in Gaelic football. Has a strong body and likely to be used as an on-baller/defender with the Northern Bullants. Has coped with the rigours of his first pre-season extremely well.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/tabid/4311/default.aspx?newsid=88153

TOUHY
Bit of a surprise that his skills are as good as they are. Will still need time to adapt to this style of game. Watched him waltz through a congested pack and on getting to the other side unscathed was a little slow in getting rid of the ball and was crunched. It would have been very impressive if he had got his disposal off.
I could go on, but i really want to make mention of Touhy. Cant beleive that was his first game! Looked like he belonged. Great disposal, great team man, knows where to run. I was Amazed. Honestly, on Todays performance, he could push for a spot as early as next year.
Tuohy
Wow. Composure, sure hands, a great kicking technique, confidence and amazing balance. Zac is a better and more polished version of an early Marty Clarke. If he can develope as quickly as Clarke did, I can't see any reason why he cannot become an AFL player. Well suited to a BP type role.

The 19 year old Irishman is built like Hodge or Hunt.

203366.jpg

203370.jpg

Tiller needs to get onto the Tuohy diet. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know much on him but he might get a gig soon.It amazes me his developing more quicker then Tiller and O'Keeffe already.

army i a very under-rated. he is good at rebounding the ball, and he is great at winning the ball but i worry every time he tries to get rid of it. Hopefully Tuohy goes well! i heard he played well for Nrth Bullants? :footy:

he did by all reports...I didn't go this week, but the week before he had some good moments as well....not afraid to take them on and back himself......in time I'd like to see him build up his tank and spend some time in the guts.

Blue kids on the block
As Zach is into the first of his two-year arrangement with the club, he is clear in his objectives for 2010 and beyond.

“I want to play as much consistent footy in the [Bullants] ones as I can for a proportion of the year, and in my second year I’d like to think I’d be one of the top rookies they [Carlton] would consider elevating.” He said.

“If that’s not the case I’d feel pretty flat about it.”
Blue kids on the block

Remove this Banner Ad

Back