Zaharakis and Heppell vs shuey and gaff

Remove this Banner Ad

He plays for frees no more than any other player.

Trippin_dvd_cover.jpg

Heppell 2013 season was better than Shuey, Zaka & Gaffs season.

Well yeah, but Shuey was injured the majority of the year. People have short memories on BF. If I could poach any of players I'd take Shuey over Heppell everyday of the week. And that's despite having a soft spot for Essendon and an avid hatred of the West Coast Ducks.

Well yeah, but Shuey was injured the majority of the year. People have short memories on BF. If I could poach any of players I'd take Shuey over Heppell everyday of the week. And that's despite having a soft spot for Essendon and an avid hatred of the West Coast Ducks.

You'll change your mind soon enough.

Essendon but only because Gaff is an average player. Shuey is the best of the lot imo.

I wouldn't call Gaff an average player. Yes he stuggled a bit last year, but he played really good football in 2011 playing 24 games, averaging 24.6 disposals, 5 marks and kicked 9 goals. Those are pretty good stats for a outside midfielder.

As for the thread = Zaharakis and Heppell

I wouldn't call Gaff an average player. Yes he stuggled a bit last year, but he played really good football in 2011 playing 24 games, averaging 24.6 disposals, 5 marks and kicked 9 goals. Those are pretty good stats for a outside midfielder.

As for the thread = Zaharakis and Heppell

What I don't like about Gaff is that he doesn't seem to be all that damaging with his possessions. I remember Emma Quayle described him as death by a thousand cuts which I think is fair. So he's only at his best when he can get a lot of the ball, which is hard for outside players if they are given some attention. Not to say he can't get over a tag, hell, what young outside player isn't affected by a tag, but I still think he needs to focus more on quality rather than quantity.

What I don't like about Gaff is that he doesn't seem to be all that damaging with his possessions. I remember Emma Quayle described him as death by a thousand cuts which I think is fair. So he's only at his best when he can get a lot of the ball, which is hard for outside players if they are given some attention. Not to say he can't get over a tag, hell, what young outside player isn't affected by a tag, but I still think he needs to focus more on quality rather than quantity.
+1, to be a top draw outside mid you have to be really damaging with possession. For an outside player, death by a thousand cuts doesn't cut it at AFL level. Gaff needs to get the ball in more damaging locations and be more direct with his ball use. I can't see him becoming any better on the inside, so unless he becomes much more effective on the outside he's a pretty flawed player imo.

+1, to be a top draw outside mid you have to be really damaging with possession. For an outside player, death by a thousand cuts doesn't cut it at AFL level. Gaff needs to get the ball in more damaging locations and be more direct with his ball use. I can't see him becoming any better on the inside, so unless he becomes much more effective on the outside he's a pretty flawed player imo.

While Gaff needs to fix a lot of things I think he's proven that he has other attributes than just an accumulator.
He has great jets which are very important to us when we give him space on the wings of Subiaco.

Gaff and Shuey have taken a step forward this year and seem to be ahead right now.

I think Shuey>Zaharakis will keep the poll in the West Coast pairs favour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shuey and Gaff have won 2015 but I definitely think this is a matchup that will change year by year depending on form and fitness. In my opinion Heppell is the best of these 4 and Zaharakis the worst.

one more vote for Heppell & Zaharakis

Can't see it happening, though I hope it does. Heppell>Gaff>Shuey>>>Zaha for me.
Agree with this. Zacka has the potential to be great but has a lot of s**t games - 2016 was the year he really needed to stand up and become a good to great player. Depends on whether you'd prefer a great and an average player or two good players, I'd go with the former because Heppell is GOD.

Geez. You'd have to go the West Coast duo, solely because Zaharakis is behind the other three.

Having said that, Heppell is the best of the lot and under no circumstances would I trade the pair in a straight swap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back