Zaharakis, how good do u think he can be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are people saying he will be better than Beams ?
There has been nothing yet to suggest he will pass Beams given that Beams has established himself as a midfielder in the best team in the comp while Zaka has established himself as a half forward in a side that is middle of the road.

The Pies are the best side because there players are good and not because they are over rated !

As far as how good can he be, well he has proven to be a good half forward who has the scope to play on a wing which is where he played his best footy for the Knights. Not sure if he can make it as a genuine midfielder but that does not matter if you can possibly kick 25 goals a season playing half forward/wing.

I think Zaha certainly has all the attributes to become an A grader; pace, good mark, clean hands, strong core. It is just a matter whether he can put it all together for a sustained period.

I'm with Ant. Although Zaka could easily have a breakout year this year, Beams has the runs on the board and is quite comfortably the better player. Zaka has the tools to go past him, but there is no choice in who I would pick first if I was Kevin Sheedy starting a new team.

The Bomb, everywhere i look your over hyping our players.. Cool your heels, we still could be in for a rough year.

BTW if i was going to compare Zaha to another player I'd say someone like a Shaun Higgins...

Other than that, not relating him to another player, id say he could be anything.. Just have to wait and see.

Its hard to compare him to players like Beams / Sidebottom becasue they have gone into a side with established stars which makes it easier. I think he will be a very good player for us. He has had a more traditional education in terms of becoming a senior player in that he has only spent a little bit on the ball. At the end of this season it will be interesting to see where he is at because it is now his 3rd season so probably needs to have a few 25+ possesion games.

Has the makings of a Leigh Montagna type, no problems finding the ball and uses it equally as well IMO. Nice to see he's added some muscle to his frame over the pre season, I personally think he'll have a great year providing he stays injury free and gets played in position.

I'm curious to hear what player people around here liken him to - now or in the future.

It's always a bit of a dangerous task, but I think he's got a bit of Bartel when the ball's in the air, and Montagna when the ball's in his hands.

I think Zaha certainly has all the attributes to become an A grader; pace, good mark, clean hands, strong core. It is just a matter whether he can put it all together for a sustained period.

****ing love your avatar AS9, I'm halfway through Season 2, and that pic makes me want to go home and watch more right now!!

****ing love your avatar AS9, I'm halfway through Season 2, and that pic makes me want to go home and watch more right now!!
Sorry to derail the thread but yeah it is awesome! I watched season 3 in like 4 nights! I can't wait for season 4 now!

Just reading opinions by opposition supporters and they just dont seem to rate him
Outside of Bay 13, you think many opposition supporters don't rate Zaharakis? I'd expect most would.

The Sidebottom comparison earlier wasn't a bad one

Would really like it if he became much more lean. Heres hoping he becomes a player in the Joey montagna mould, and if that happens, im sure we'll all be more than happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't agree that Beams is "so far ahead" at all.

Beams is an alright player in the best side in the league. Zaka would look just as good, rotating through the flank and middle, in the same side.

It's a bollocks statement.

Zaka has absolutely all of the attributes, except for body strength, right now.

He'll be a star. It might not be this year, but it will happen.

I don't care who he's like, he'll be a star.

People forget that, by the same token, you have to be a decent player to be able to crack it into that Collingwood side or any premiership side for that matter.

They don't hand out guernseys just because they are kids in those teams.

Not saying that at all.

Just think that the criticism of Beams is underrated. It takes a special player to make a premiership side in within their first two years.

im calling a hybrid of mark mercuri and marc murphy.

Has the polish around goals of mercuri, can mark overhead, but when running free around the middle or streaming into goal he looks like murphy.

i can see him being captain in the future, being a life time essendon fan makes a difference, it shouldnt but it does!

Hi Guys, I think Zaharakis will have a fantastic year, he has a great kick for goal 45-50 out on the run, one of the best going around in my opinion.

Im confused who to pick for my SC forward line between Monfries and Zaharakis. Monfries averages a goal a game earns about 2 free kicks a game too, hmm what do you guys think?

Zaka is overrated on this board but is still a much better player than Beams. He will become a very good player but I'm not sure he's got the ability to step up to that elite level of Ablett, Judd, Bartel, Watson, etc.

Beams is possibly the most overrated kid in the league. Very vanilla and his last 3 finals when the heat was on he got 16(in a romp), 12, 11 possessions.

Beams will fade like Daniel Harris.

So now it is easy to break into the best side in the leauge and float around a flank :confused:
Not sure how you can use that as an argument as you have to be good enough to get into the best side to start with. For mine it is a bit of a rubbish argument.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back