Toast Zaharakis' running goals!

Remove this Banner Ad

God I am in love with this kid.
David Zaharakis one player bringing some serious finishing polish to our midfield at the moment. His running goals are stupidly accurate and lift the team to crazy extents, much like Andrew Lovett did. Has anyone else noticed that he does this at least once a game?
Would be interested to find out when the last game where he didn't kick a running goal was.

Did anyone hear Nathan Brown on MMM say that if he could pick a player to kick a running goal for him it would be Zaharakis?

Yeah Zorro is definately a very exciting player for us, he just knows how to kick the goals when we need the goals!

Not as good at set shots but.

always from 50m out, just love his acceleration towards the 50, then steadies up and pulls the trigger.
shades of Mercuri within range on the run.

Love it when he does this always lifts the team. Only knock atm is he plays all his good footy in the 2nd half. Needs to play 4 quarters and then he will be on the brink of amazingness

I too love the guy on the run, but his set shots are atrocious. I want him to practice his set shots at least 100 times per week between games in his own time.

Yes i have noticed that as well. always lifts the team (like the adelaide game). Think he got the confidence from ANZAC day 09.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The kid is deadly on the run!!!!!!!

Needs to improve his general goal kicking though. Maybe he needs a Michael Symons run up???? :D

Someone needs to make a Zaharakis goals on the run clip.

Will become one of the most dangerous midfielders in the game.

4. David Zaharakis

To me, Zaharakis is a gem. I don't think we have seen what this kid is capable of yet tbh. I'm not saying this because I'm an Essendon supporter, it's echoed by many. He reminds me a lot of Chapman/Ablett, it isn't funny. He actually looks a champ in his infancy. He could definitely be the grunt we need in the midfield - the guy that takes s**t into his own hands when the team is down and turns it onto it's head. I picture him fending off opposition players before either piercing the ball into the hands of our KPP's up forward or splitting the sticks himself.

Called it ages ago. :D

Mark Riccuito was one of the best running shots for goal from outside 50 I can recall. Zaha is on the way to being another.

Fingers crossed that with time he can get the set shot accuracy of Riccuito as well, not to mention banging them through around the corner off 1 step from 50.

He's coming along very very nicely though. Once he gets consistency across 4 quarters he'll be the inside/outside midfielder we've been crying out for.

Feb 2011.

lol.

Some (including yours truly) called it after his first game.

17 Fed 2011. :p

That was before any nab cup game!

Can't find other posts before that tho...

But 2011 was the first year where he was doing the "ripping into the forward 50" consistently and lifting us up at the best of times... admit it, I am Nostradamus. :cool:

Either way, we've all had the feeling that Zeus would be something special (and not in the way S_20 was implying)...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back