News Zaine Cordy Re-Signs until 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Tobe honnest I never liked him, especially in 2016 when he kept making mistakes and turning football over late in year and during finals.
Il remember him forever for the knee in the face to Ward that was "accidental" which sent ward off for the game and helped us win.
and for the worst 40m set shot on the boundry line against swans in the granny that got us going and killed the butterflies.
He will always come accross as a player to me when ever he has the ball I get worried because he makes the easy hard and the hard easy.
All and all he is a typical Bevo player/character hopefully he continues to evolve and develop. I never rated him but Bevo does and you can see it. He has grown on me and so he sgould.
Sums up my feelings about Zaine.
Didn't initially rate him probably due to his ungainly style but he more than makes up for that with application and aggression.
His Grand Final was astounding - the boundary line 'first' goal and the the tackle on Hannebery were something to behold.

Last edited:
I dont mind Zaine but see him more of a fringe player at the moment. Worth re-contracting though but I would like to see him play more of a forward role

I dont mind Zaine but see him more of a fringe player at the moment. Worth re-contracting though but I would like to see him play more of a forward role
Really? I think he's been absolutely superb this season and do not want him to move for the next 10 years. Future AA in my book.

Really? I think he's been absolutely superb this season and do not want him to move for the next 10 years. Future AA in my book.

Yep, we're lacking a defensive forward who can contest a mark. Cordy ticks the box IMO for that ability. When we have Richards, Noughts, Morris, Adams locking down the backline I can see Cords being the type of player we need to lock the ball in on the forward line

Yep, we're lacking a defensive forward who can contest a mark. Cordy ticks the box IMO for that ability. When we have Richards, Noughts, Morris, Adams locking down the backline I can see Cords being the type of player we need to lock the ball in on the forward line
Morris is nearly done and Richards isn't going to be locking down the backline anytime soon, and Adams is incredibly injury prone.

Zaine has been a mainstay lately and doing a great job of it. Shouldn't be switching him around like we did out of necessity in 2016.

Morris is nearly done and Richards isn't going to be locking down the backline anytime soon, and Adams is incredibly injury prone.

Zaine has been a mainstay lately and doing a great job of it. Shouldn't be switching him around like we did out of necessity in 2016.

I think of Cordy as more of a swingman capable type player based on previous efforts. Having the ability to switch to a defensive forward is an area we're currently struggling with. We know Morris is not far off retirement, Adams injury prone etc. I dont see Cordy as a long term defensive only player. I think he has the strength to play the forward role we need from him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back