Toast Zak Butters appreciation thread

Remove this Banner Ad

chickentendies

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Mar 26, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I’m sure there is another thread praising Butters, but I’ve found in the discussions about the 2018 draft season he is disgustingly underrated. Which is saying something, because he is certainly rated. But he is very rarely described the same way as players such as Walsh, Smith, Rozee or Rowell.

Here’s the thing: Out of all of those players, Zac is the only player to make the AA squad. He also came 4th in our B&F in a season we came first.
Time and time again, he has constantly kicked crucial goals or made incredible plays during tense games.

Many of the players from 2018 are talked about with the future and potential in mind, they will be a star of the competition. Butters is already a star of the competition.

This is a big call: but I genuinely believe Butters could become our best player from the AFL era.

Thank you to Mr Robert Gray for his input into the draft.

Commentators are recognising it. Rozee is now regularly being rated behind him. I’m looking forward to Connor coming back and reminding us how brilliant he is too. Rozee and Butters will be our best two players this year. Duursma needs to lift!

Those 3 picks are things of beauty. Duursma has had incredible output and will easily be a 200+ gamer, but Rozee and Butters ceiling is ridiculously high.

Great to see talented juniors coming through totally fixed on doing the best they can. This guy cuts it every time all the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His combination of junkyard dog toughness, stellar football brain and, oh yes, exquisite skills. It’s difficult to put a limit on just how good he can be.

I think this post is inspired by commentators on Fox on 1/4 time stating ‘I think he’s equal with Rozee’. This is unfair on Rozee because of injury, but Butters based on his output has easily overtaken Rozee and essentially everyone else in his draft year.

Ned McHenry take note. When you can back it up like this guy does, then...and only THEN, can you be an on field smart arse. Otherwise you just look like a total w***er.

Commentators are recognising it. Rozee is now regularly being rated behind him. I’m looking forward to Connor coming back and reminding us how brilliant he is too. Rozee and Butters will be our best two players this year. Duursma needs to lift!
Rozee is the Judd with a vertical.

Butters is the Gray/Ablett with a mean streak.

Duursma is the Brad Ebert, nothing to be ashamed about, just a club favourite that does the little things, everytime.

The Crows drafting Chayce Jones instead of Butters is in Richmond drafting Tambling over Buddy Franklin territory

Remove this Banner Ad

Back