Toast Zak Butters appreciation thread

HotSausage69

Premium Platinum
Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He looks tiny out there next to all the bigger bodies and yet totally out muscles anyone in his way. It's hilarious
Snapchat-221238728.jpg

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons

Visenfest

Chasing stability
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Gray can't tackle like Butters nor can he take a high mark like Butters.

And yet, Butters can do everything Gray does.

It's basically frightening how good he is.
It wasn't quite a 'getting Robbie Gray at pick 55' steal, but getting Butters at pick 12 was still a hell of a steal. Imagine if clubs could do the 2018 draft again. He'd go top 5, perhaps top 3.

Dalfino

#BringBackTheBars
May 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Haven't felt this excited about a player since Wingard circa 2013-2014, except Zak matches his exceptional natural talent with a relentless work ethic. Ken's described it perfectly - Butters could be anything he wants to be. A multi-premiership player would be my preference.

Kid's a freak...

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
I doubt every week is going to be like this for Zak in terms of possession numbers, but his usage is unreal for a 3rd year player.

I have said it consistently that he was our most important player last year, and I wont be surprised to see that trend continue in 2021.

Reads the play as good as anyone in the competition.

Boxx

Premiership Player
Mar 2, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
He just hits every stoppage contest with so much speed and intensity.
Zak is the exact type of player that the top Victorian clubs try to lure away from lowly “interstate” teams with the promise of a playing in front of big loud crowds and possible premiership success... imagine if we were one of those shitty “interstate” teams!

MrChow

Club Legend
Jun 24, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What he also does bloody well is release other players around contests into open space. His spatial awareness, ability to draw oppo players is phenomenal.

Not many players do this - Shaun Burgoyne, R Gray comes to mind.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It wasn't quite a 'getting Robbie Gray at pick 55' steal, but getting Butters at pick 12 was still a hell of a steal. Imagine if clubs could do the 2018 draft again. He'd go top 5, perhaps top 3.

He should go top 1.

chickentendies

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Mar 26, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think the King brothers would still go before him because talented KPFs are difficult to find. Walsh maybe. So I'd put Zak at pick 3 or 4 if the draft was done again.

I was wondering how the King brothers compared to each other stats wise so figured I'd dig up their footywire comparisons (https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...2=16&type=A&pid1=6593&pid2=6592&fid1=C&fid2=C)

My first reaction:
"Holy s**t, they're the same age and height! What are the odds?!"

I am not a clever man.

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think the King brothers would still go before him because talented KPFs are difficult to find. Walsh maybe. So I'd put Zak at pick 3 or 4 if the draft was done again.

Walsh is an overrated stat padder. Offers nothing defensively. Butters by an absolute mile

Back