Recommitted Zak Butters signed 2 year deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Out of contract Victorian boy, what’s he worth salary wise?

Does he come home?
If port struggle and start to decline that may play a part

one to keep a closer eye on next year

Port may have a bit of a drop next year with some ageing players and mental wounds from that horrific prelim loss but long term the list looks fine. I reckon he'll re-sign pretty promptly and will be well paid.

Port may have a bit of a drop next year with some ageing players and mental wounds from that horrific prelim loss but long term the list looks fine. I reckon he'll re-sign pretty promptly and will be well paid.
Yeah I think long term they are fine but after next year I’m expecting a dip

I guess the question is does butters want to be in Adelaide long term or does he want to come home

Yeah I think long term they are fine but after next year I’m expecting a dip

I guess the question is does butters want to be in Adelaide long term or does he want to come home
Darley boy from Vic, traditionally very tribal up there, might be a bit of pull home from his family as well

Is hard at it, thrives in contested situations and I think these traits mean he will have a successful career wherever he plays with the usual injury caveat.

I hope he stays, but would easily cost $650k per season for a 4 year contract. (Taking into account salary cap increases post-Covid reductions).

I know Melbourne tried to trade a future first (end up being Luke Jackson) with Port Adelaide on draft night with the intention of selecting Zak, I’m sure the club would of kept an eye on him the past few years.

Went after Cerra this past offseason so I’m sure they’ll make a play for Zak if he comes available. Probably won’t have the trade capital though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know Melbourne tried to trade a future first (end up being Luke Jackson) with Port Adelaide on draft night with the intention of selecting Zak, I’m sure the club would of kept an eye on him the past few years.

Went after Cerra this past offseason so I’m sure they’ll make a play for Zak if he comes available. Probably won’t have the trade capital though.

Dees will have heaps after Jackson moves to the Eagles..............

;) ;) ;)

Dreaming of course.....

His the most important signing the pull to go home would be real and you couldn't blame him if he was lured away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back