Toast Zak Butters - Stepping out of the shadows

Remove this Banner Ad

All the experts focus on Boak, Gray, Dixon etc if you want to stop us. The reality is that you need to shut Butters down to stop us.

Go and revisit last season's biggest moments and he had an uncanny knack for popping up in all of them.

He was involved in the lead up to Robbie Grays after the siren winner marking the ball on the goal line to save a match winning goal (and was also involved in the lead up possession to Grays goal). Was first to the ball to punch it across the goal square for Kane Farrells sealer against the Bulldogs. Crashed the pack to start the 4th quarter against Richmond which got Robbie Gray a goal from the goal square. Brilliant rove off Lycett with 2 minutes to go against Hawthorn for the sealer. Earned the hard ball with a brilliant handball to Motlop setting up a Ladhams goal in the final against Geelong, and also delivered the inside 50 ball to Marshall for the sealing goal.

When we need a player to step up in the big moment, this kid has consistently done it for us. Reads the play better than anyone I've seen at the club.

Sssshh, stop giving away our formula

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

All the experts focus on Boak, Gray, Dixon etc if you want to stop us. The reality is that you need to shut Butters down to stop us.

Go and revisit last season's biggest moments and he had an uncanny knack for popping up in all of them.

He was involved in the lead up to Robbie Grays after the siren winner marking the ball on the goal line to save a match winning goal (and was also involved in the lead up possession to Grays goal). Was first to the ball to punch it across the goal square for Kane Farrells sealer against the Bulldogs. Crashed the pack to start the 4th quarter against Richmond which got Robbie Gray a goal from the goal square. Brilliant rove off Lycett with 2 minutes to go against Hawthorn for the sealer. Earned the hard ball with a brilliant handball to Motlop setting up a Ladhams goal in the final against Geelong, and also delivered the inside 50 ball to Marshall for the sealing goal.

When we need a player to step up in the big moment, this kid has consistently done it for us. Reads the play better than anyone I've seen at the club.
Yep.

He is most likely to step up in the big moments and "do a Dusty" and win us a big final.

Mind you I feel like we have a few coming through that might join him in that boat.

I am hopefull that Rozee, Georgiadis, Bergmann and even Jones might be able to as well.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Other than Michael Wilson, my Dad has never quite had a connection to a single player like he might have in his younger years during our SANFL days.

Then came along Zak Butters.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Zak stands out from all Port AFL players

We've had tough players, skillful player, cheeky players; but I can't remember any they showed all three to such an extent at such an early stage in their careers

100% right.

I am in awe of this guy. My favourite player by far now and the one I have most confidence in any time he is near the footy.
His aerial contested marking and ability to protect his body when doing so, is remarkable.

GUN.

Zak stands out from all Port AFL players

We've had tough players, skillful player, cheeky players; but I can't remember any they showed all three to such an extent at such an early stage in their careers
Josh Carr says hi.

Like Zak's junior footy club jumper. Half pregnant type design. From the SA LIFE article.

But he gets Port -
"You can’t shy away from it. Winning is part of the club’s DNA."

Zak, playing for the Darely Devils, with his parents Wayne and Renee and Nan Robyn.

1615727465830.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back