Recommitted Zak Jones [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

They said on the TV prior to their game last week I think it was that he's basically certain to stay and that it's just a formality from here.
Have been hearing the same. Most media around him has been that he is staying put.

Now that future picks can be traded clubs can't be as bent over as they used to be. I'd say worth a mid 1st and swap of seconds if he's offered $650k a year which is what I'm hearing

Now that future picks can be traded clubs can't be as bent over as they used to be. I'd say worth a mid 1st and swap of seconds if he's offered $650k a year which is what I'm hearing

I think Jones is easily worth a pick in the 8 to 12 range. We got him at pick 16 or something and unlike back then, he is definitely not a speculative pick.

Hope he doesn't leave though as I love how he attacks with ball in hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we miss out on the likes of Kelly and Dusty (or even if we land one) I'd be very OK with giving up our pick in the likely 8-12 range for him. Reckon we'd play him in the midfield, which might appeal to him.

We're one of the clubs that were reported to be into him and he's originally from our side of town.

I think their would be quite a few looking at him. Good line breakers like him that are also as hard as a Cats head don't go on trees.

I hope our boys are at least having a crack although you would think if he went home he'd want to play with his brother.

I'd be happy to give Melbournes first and any late picks that need to be swapped to get it done.

If he wants to come home we tend to be pretty reasonable traders. Our pick 8-12, or whatever it is, would get it done easily IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back