Past Zak Jones - traded 2019, to Saints

Citrus22

Premiership Player
Jun 21, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Really hope he finds his place in the midfield next year, his speed and flair could really give a different look in there. That and his defensive ability playing across half back is always a bit of a worry..

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Really hope he finds his place in the midfield next year, his speed and flair could really give a different look in there. That and his defensive ability playing across half back is always a bit of a worry..
That’s what happens when you turn an attacking player into a defender. I’m looking forward to seeing if he can establish himself in the midfield, his samples have been good.

6yearsold

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal Palace
I like zac as he is. i don't think we need to try and turn him into an inside mid. he is an outside player.

As frustrating as his brain fades are at times, he is an excellent talent. Tough as nails, decent pace and highly aggressive. We need to put a 4 year deal in front of him
Yep agree with this, I think (hope and pray) that Zac will tear it up in the middle. I also think his brain fades have abated with maturity.

I love Zac Jones footy

I honestly dgaf about so called brain fades

He and Cunningham tried to break lines this year we need it

I’d like to see the club value this skill more

L
Gun imo

Take the good with the bad

No one else breaks the lines in our team like him

Midfield will see more of that

Will probably piss off back home when he gets low balled

Jones is more important than Lloyd imo and I know I’ll be told that’s way off the mark
Not by me I completely agree and I love Jake, but theres something special about Zak that not many players have and no one else in our team.

Last edited:
Not by me I completely agree and I love Jake, but theres something special about Zak that not many players have and no one else in our team.

Something special? Bad tatts? Like Towers, he is athletic but void of footy smarts. Would trade for the right offer.

Was watching some Swans replays from this year last night and in all of them there were only three players who seem to consistently have that gut instinct to keep the game rolling and move it on quickly: Buddy, Florent, and Jones. It’s their go-to response the second they touch the ball.

No idea why Jones gets so muck flack. Understandable that he’s frustrating with his brain fades and hot-headed antics, but we need more of Jones’ type. Those not afraid to play with some run and dare. Yes it doesn’t work all the time but he’s mercurial type who is awesome when he does pull it off.

Back