Past Zak Jones - traded 2019, to Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

If we lose Jones we'll have successive number one draft picks in mind to go alongside this year's top 1-3 pick.

He is worth an early second rounder or late first rounder to a deluded buyer. Hope to be proved wrong.

I was referring to where we will be drafting over the subsequent two years, not a compo pick. He is out most important midfielder now, and we don't have many others tbh.

Kennedy and Parker are still our 2 most important midfielders, by a long long long way.
Their form, or lack thereof, is part of the reason we are so terrible at the minute.

I rembember a quote once attributed to Warren Ryan of Rugby league and bar brawling fame. When asked why he left Balmain he simply said - the Juice has well and truly been squeezed.

Hopefully this is not the case of Parker Perfect and Judge Joey.
Onwards To Victory!

Can’t afford to loose the only bloke that can break away from congestion with speed and willing to put himself in positions that are risky to others

Absolutely.
Jones The Jazzy biggest problem is the lack of movement futher afield, not his disposal as sum have said.
The Jones boy brakes it open unlike any other.

Kennedy and Parker are still our 2 most important midfielders, by a long long long way.
Their form, or lack thereof, is part of the reason we are so terrible at the minute.

JPK is still a very good mid, maybe even still our best, but his age, lack of speed and lack of ability to put people into good positions with his outlet handballs means he is no longer the most important. If they were both coming up for contracts this year who would you be priorising dollars wise?

Parker should play up forward for a while IMHO. He seems to be more a J Caddy type atm. A good forward/mid rather than a permanent mid.

JPK is still a very good mid, maybe even still our best, but his age, lack of speed and lack of ability to put people into good positions with his outlet handballs means he is no longer the most important. If they were both coming up for contracts this year who would you be priorising dollars wise?

Parker should play up forward for a while IMHO. He seems to be more a J Caddy type atm. A good forward/mid rather than a permanent mid.

In terms of influencing how we play and the results we get right now, JPK is still #1, followed closely by LP.
When they play well we don't lose.
Which to me says they're more important than players like Jones.

That doesn't mean that we would be prioritising their signatures over players like Jones for the future. Given that we are now in official rebuild mode it is important that we build success (wins) on the back of players like Jones, Florent, Heeney, Mills, Hayward, Aliir & hopefully youngsters like Dawson and Rowbottom.

He will leave imo

Its been on the cards for years, and now we are bad. Reckon we will have to overpay to keep him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aye. He could barely shuffle. Hope he has not torn it off the bone. Could be a season ending injury if an op is required. Irrespective Jose will say it is a twinge and he could be back in a fortnight.

Not getting enough love on here imo. Everyone is so keen to write him off and send him on his way. He hasn't said he's going and yet everyone says he has his bags packed. Until that day comes I won't be writing him off. Very important player for us and I hope we do whatever it takes (within reason) to keep him. Want to see him a one club player. His brother has stuck it out his whole career at a struggling club because he is so loyal, what can't zak have the same loyal quality? Come on zak sign on and be an important part of our next premiership tilt!

Not getting enough love on here imo. Everyone is so keen to write him off and send him on his way. He hasn't said he's going and yet everyone says he has his bags packed. Until that day comes I won't be writing him off. Very important player for us and I hope we do whatever it takes (within reason) to keep him. Want to see him a one club player. His brother has stuck it out his whole career at a struggling club because he is so loyal, what can't zak have the same loyal quality? Come on zak sign on and be an important part of our next premiership tilt!

We see the same discussion on every Victorian-originated player. Mitchell was unkeepable because of salary cap but we have a great record in re-signing players and now we're free of the Tippett burden shouldn't have too much trouble in hanging onto Jones. Other clubs will make good offers but he's hardly at the Mitchell-Coniglio price.

We see the same discussion on every Victorian-originated player. Mitchell was unkeepable because of salary cap but we have a great record in re-signing players and now we're free of the Tippett burden shouldn't have too much trouble in hanging onto Jones. Other clubs will make good offers but he's hardly at the Mitchell-Coniglio price.
Correct. He's not an $800k player but if hes looking for $500-$600 and 4 years then sign him up and move onto Dawson.

Aliir and Lloyd weren't re-signed at this point last year were they?

Who the * wants jones gone? Rocks in the head

Had someone on twitter tell me he will struggle to get back into the best 22

Geez he would be in easily , Clarke thurlow whoever can get out for him for a start

Jones breaks the lines we need him

Next people will say Kennedy won’t get back in

thank god Jones is back, on here and twitter people cant wait to defend Clarke, but this guy cops it a bit

he's integral to the team, breaks the lines, we look better with him there,,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back