Traded Zak Jones [traded with #56 and future 3rd to St Kilda for #32, #76 and future 3rd]

Remove this Banner Ad

That is how you negotiate. Start high then... eventually meet in the middle at your targeted price.

If target value is not met, then off the to draft, he should go...

Anyway Richmonds pick 20 will do nicely :)
Firstly i dont think we need him or his type as we have enough backman and Sydney Stack is looking like a better version and certainly dont think we can afford him in the Cap for a position we have depth, If he was 10cm taller and could play inside mid then fine.

Also would not be wanting to hand over pick #20 for Zak Jones , We have 2 picks in the 30's
#36 & #37 which would you like

Firstly i dont think we need him or his type as we have enough backman and Sydney Stack is looking like a better version and certainly dont think we can afford him in the Cap for a position we have depth, If he was 10cm taller and could play inside mid then fine.

Also would not be wanting to hand over pick #20 for Zak Jones , We have 2 picks in the 30's
#36 & #37 which would you like
Send to draft.

Enjoy gold coast Zac.

Perfect value to send a message.

Strange that we’ve suddenly attempted to turn up the heat here. Still think he’s bound for the saints, he’d be sacrificing 100k+ to be at Richmond.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You'd think if he does choose the Saints it would get done fairly quick.

Saints and Swans have a good trade history. Next years 2nd I reckon.
I think we did, until you screwed us on Hannaberry and Membrey in recent years. Seems to be one way traffic, since then.

I think, if the Ellis pick 20 is on the table. We will take it and run.

I think we did, until you screwed us on Hannaberry and Membrey in recent years. Seems to be one way traffic, since then.

Just saw they only got pick 39 as compo.... This league, even when they make up stupid and arbitrary rules, they still manage to screw them up.

Ellis pick is 37 or something like that.

You can’t force a player to go to a particular club. Wants Saints & it will get done .

Screwed you on Hannebery?

That was a genuine salary dump mate. Swans were happy to part with him. Fair chance you wouldn't be getting Daniher this year if that didn't happen.

Screwed you on Hannebery?

That was a genuine salary dump mate. Swans were happy to part with him. Fair chance you wouldn't be getting Daniher this year if that didn't happen.
So does a salary dump, mean we got fair value? I think he had value beyong the salary cap dump imo. I would agree that moving on hannaberry's contract aligned with our strategic objectives, as he was on big money and no longer want to be at the club. However, the swans strategic outlook has nothing to do with his trade value imo. Having said that I don't believe he will ever regain his best form.

Anyway, I just don't believe in the this trade history angle. Two clubs don't do each other favours. Each trade is done on its merits and its merits only.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So does a salary dump, mean we got fair value? I think he had value beyong the salary cap dump imo. I would agree that moving on hannaberry's contract aligned with our strategic objectives, as he was on big money and no longer want to be at the club. However, the swans strategic outlook has nothing to do with his trade value imo. Having said that I don't believe he will ever regain his best form.

Anyway, I just don't believe in the this trade history angle. Two clubs don't do each other favours. Each trade is done on its merits and its merits only.
So you think we should have paid a bloke ridiculous overs for his output of late and paid premium price?

And you also think it was good for the Swans to get all that money off their books for a guy that hasn't played his best footy for a long time, but also should have got a premium pick?

That's not how a salary dump works and it never would have happened.

And I'm not suggesting anyone does anyone any favours, they will likely just not bother with all the lowball offers and get straight to a fair deal which is likely a 2nd round pick

Last edited:
So you think we should have paid a bloke ridiculous overs for his output of late and paid premium price?

And you also think it was good for the Swans to get all that money off their books for a guy that hasn't played his best footy for a long time, but also should have got a premium pick?

That's not how a salary dump works and it never would have happened.

And I'm not suggesting anyone does anyone any favours, they will likely just not bother with all the lowball offers and get straight to a fair deal which is likely a 2nd round pick
Yeah the trade was fine, getting anything back was a bonus if it meant getting rid of his contract.

We screwed you on Membrey because you guys didn't play him then delisted him? Righteo.

We screwed you on Membrey because you guys didn't play him then delisted him? Righteo.

Nah, it was well documented at the time that the two clubs were negotiating a trade but the Saints didn't offer anything reasonable, so eventually the Swans caved and withdrew their contract offer and delisted him so we could grab him.

Nah, it was well documented at the time that the two clubs were negotiating a trade but the Saints didn't offer anything reasonable, so eventually the Swans caved and withdrew their contract offer and delisted him so we could grab him.
The swans and saints have had almost the most healthy trading relationship since in the afl- so will be interesting to see what is offered.

Never over posturing or dragging things above and beyond.

Or maybe sydney were asking too much for a 1 game player?

Or maybe sydney were asking too much for a 1 game player?
Nah, we did bend them over a barrel with Membrey. But then if we're looking at history they still owe us for getting Plugger for a song

Remove this Banner Ad

Back