Traded Zak Jones [traded with #56 and future 3rd to St Kilda for #32, #76 and future 3rd]

Nov 13, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
With Nathan Jones looking like he'll get a 1 year contract, i wonder whether Zac will look at this opportunity as potentially playing at least 1 year together with Nath.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I can see Saints Roos Blues Hawks offering up $600k, don’t think they’ll pony up the picks for an uncontracted player though

If he is RFA and it only costs 600k, then we should snap him up instantly but knowing stk, 850k is more like the average if the offer of 1.4 mil for congilio is anything to go by. But he has only played like 3 season so he requires a trade and sydney will ask for 1st round pick, err nope, 2nd rounder plus future 2nd rounder.

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
I can see Saints Roos Blues Hawks offering up $600k, don’t think they’ll pony up the picks for an uncontracted player though
He'd be a good fit at Carlton - I don't reckon Kade Simpson will play beyond this season, but I'm not sure with their thin trade currency they should be looking at squad types like Jones who won't be cheap.

If North want to move on from 2014, they should look at Jones to upgrade on Macmillan and Pittard for sure. Jones should be a top target of theirs.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
I’m surprised he’s uncontracted this late in the season. Along with Papley, Heeney and Blakey I’d have identified him as one of the most important to the Swans future. I’m sure he’ll stick around, but if not I wouldn’t mind Collingwood having a nibble. We need more pace on the wings, IMO.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Still don't see a lot of finesse in his game. Loves the gun run and long kick to not much.

We given our current game style, this guy will be a great get for us. I say chuck him 1 mil for 5 years. Our style will get the best out of him. As Ziebell ages further, he would be a brilliant replacement to complement Cunnington and to buffer for LDU until he final arrives as the next Dangerfield style player. We are in a good spot with 2 superstar already on show. Zurhaar i feel is the ultimate ace in the spade explosive half forward who will be able to play midfield like Dustin Martin. Flag in 2020, take it to the bank.

We given our current game style, this guy will be a great get for us. I say chuck him 1 mil for 5 years. Our style will get the best out of him. As Ziebell ages further, he would be a brilliant replacement to complement Cunnington and to buffer for LDU until he final arrives as the next Dangerfield style player. We are in a good spot with 2 superstar already on show. Zurhaar i feel is the ultimate ace in the spade explosive half forward who will be able to play midfield like Dustin Martin. Flag in 2020, take it to the bank.

no ones going to north

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Longmire comes home and brings Jones over

If longmire comes, shaw better stick around otherwise don't want him. Longmire is like the starship captain and shaw is like the chief engieer, missing one means a poorly functioning ship. Jones would be a great get for our team.

Ducky Tie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Watched him closely the last two weeks. Would be happy if we do go for Jones. Coming from a wing he accumulates plenty, has pace and is kicking it pretty well.

If longmire comes, shaw better stick around otherwise don't want him. Longmire is like the starship captain and shaw is like the chief engieer, missing one means a poorly functioning ship. Jones would be a great get for our team.

At this rate, Shaw will get poached by Saints / Blues / Bombers if you guys go for Longmire.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
At this rate, Shaw will get poached by Saints / Blues / Bombers if you guys go for Longmire.

Hopefully we raise his salary too or perhaps we’d try something new, Rhyce Shaw the tactical coach, Longmire as the grand strategist. Let Shaw run the game, Longmire in the coach box, Shaw at ground level.

Prem17

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Don't see why Carlton would head hunt Shaw when they have Teague getting the best out of the side atm.
Not saying Shaw is no good, just not a priority for us atm.

Back to the subject, I think Jones would be a good fit at Carlton but it depends on who else they can pick up.
We need a good mid and a reliable second ruckman before Jones.

Back