Traded Zak Jones [traded with #56 and future 3rd to St Kilda for #32, #76 and future 3rd]

thurls64

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I really want this guy for the Suns, he is exactly what we do not have, tough, pacey and gets a ton of the ball

Hopefully Dew has some connection to him and they want him, tenure and dollars to lure him away wont be a problem

foj1

Cancelled
Oct 25, 2005
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
essendon
Is this a joke?
pick 10 seems about right for a guaranteed midfielder half back who is fast and has a hardness to his game.
Would Carlton swap Lachie OBrien for Zak Jones? Bloody Oath
Nick Blakey fell to 10 with academy bidding but you would swap Jones who went at 9 and Caldwell at 11 for Jones in a heartbeat even though both have potential.
I reckon draft picks can be overrated a touch.
Just my opinion on draft picks.

foj1

Cancelled
Oct 25, 2005
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
essendon
Wow you're a joke.. no way is he worth remotely anyway around the pick 5-10 mark.

2nd rounder at best. Explain to me what that he has actually done to be even considered a pick around that mark that you think he's worth?
Show a bit of class in your posting pal- you don't have to agree but play the ball not the man superstar

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
i would trade our the first rounder for zak jones if he is available, at 24, prime age.

Deelighted

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Underrated footballer

Perception is he isn’t a good kick but that’s mainly cos he’s kicking at top pace. When balanced he is fine
And his biggest strength is his speed and willingness to take the game on, right? So he is poor at finishing the best part of his game.

From a Melbourne perspective our first pick will probably be 2/3, which I think is massive overs for Jones, though we do desperately need more players with genuine pace.

A pick in the 15-25 range would be fair IMO.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
And his biggest strength is his speed and willingness to take the game on, right? So he is poor at finishing the best part of his game.

From a Melbourne perspective our first pick will probably be 2/3, which I think is massive overs for Jones, though we do desperately need more players with genuine pace.

A pick in the 15-25 range would be fair IMO.
Adam Saad was a 2nd rnd pick and I would have him over Jones every day of the week. Mid 2nd rnd at best for Jones. That said, wouldn't want him at all at North

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

One of the few players in our side who has pace.

In our top 6 odd players (when not injured).

Still young, getter better and we have up a first round selection in a strong draft.

Would be aiming for a selection around pick 10-12. (And even then I still wouldn't be happy about this outcome).

May 5, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
How is he worth a 2nd rounder, lol.

Was taken in the first and he's shown he was absolutely worth that at least, if not more.

Aggressive & physical player who's one of the few players in the comp that actually has standout pace and is a decent player as well.

Kicking leaves a bit to be desired but other qualities more than make up for it.

Also, there's already a thread on him.

Jimbo OZ

Team Captain
Jan 19, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
I hope he stays. Swans need his type and age bracket more than any other club. If he does go to Saints, I hope it's not for a pick but for a swap of players with Dunstan or Acres involved.

Aug 29, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
I hope he stays. Swans need his type and age bracket more than any other club. If he does go to Saints, I hope it's not for a pick but for a swap of players with Dunstan or Acres involved.
Acres is apparently on the table although assumption has been to WA as part of Hill deal.

Acres to Sydney might make more sense though

Rumour is we are chasing crouch (no idea how we could swing hill & crouch though), if so Dunstan would be surplus.

Jimbo OZ

Team Captain
Jan 19, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Acres is apparently on the table although assumption has been to WA as part of Hill deal.

Acres to Sydney might make more sense though

Rumour is we are chasing crouch (no idea how we could swing hill & crouch though), if so Dunstan would be surplus.

It will be an interesting trade period for you guys with only pick 5 of any real value in terms of picks.

Nov 9, 2007
The honorable loss factory
AFL Club
Carlton
pick 10 seems about right for a guaranteed midfielder half back who is fast and has a hardness to his game.
Would Carlton swap Lachie OBrien for Zak Jones? Bloody Oath
Nick Blakey fell to 10 with academy bidding but you would swap Jones who went at 9 and Caldwell at 11 for Jones in a heartbeat even though both have potential.
I reckon draft picks can be overrated a touch.
Just my opinion on draft picks.
Wouldn't do that swap. Exposed form vs potential but O'Brien is only just finished year two.

Also jones is tough but not an amazing kick from what I've seen.

diddley1984

The biggest horse in all of Norway
Sep 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Don’t think st kilda would have the right pick to give sydney. Unless we could give a future second rounder and acres ? or even Newnes but I can’t see sydney being interested.
That is my thoughts exactly.
I get the feeling the trade team is going to try to get very creative in a few weeks, if we are to pull off the trade Wishlist.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
How is he worth a 2nd rounder, lol.

Was taken in the first and he's shown he was absolutely worth that at least, if not more.

Aggressive & physical player who's one of the few players in the comp that actually has standout pace and is a decent player as well.

Kicking leaves a bit to be desired but other qualities more than make up for it.

Also, there's already a thread on him.
Where he was taken in the draft is irrelevant now.

Saying he is worth a first is a broad statement. Could be between 1 and 18.

He may land Sydney a very late first, but I don't think he's worth any more than that.

Likely a pick between 17-25 IMO. Just not damaging enough to get them any more than that He also doesn't find a lot of contested of contested footy for a player that doesn't use the footy well.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Where he was taken in the draft is irrelevant now.

Saying he is worth a first is a broad statement. Could be between 1 and 18.

He may land Sydney a very late first, but I don't think he's worth any more than that.

Likely a pick between 17-25 IMO. Just not damaging enough to get them any more than that He also doesn't find a lot of contested of contested footy for a player that doesn't use the footy well.
Happy to use Martin Pick on him.

Back