Universal Love Zak Jones

I hope he causes a ruckus this weekend and hopefully knees Mitchell by "accident" in the face/balls.

Mitchell has balls?

Hmmm. Got a punchable face and a personality worse than mine. Didn't think he had balls though.

Dan87

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
14478342_916459571818840_5013650362687553536_n.jpg

Wonder how these go down, how close Zak gets and whether the inevitable has happened yet.

GoTheSwannies

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Zac Jones will become a club legend. He has the same determination his brother has and has that much needed mongrel missing from our team.

I just hope he doesn't have hopes of heading back to Melbourne at some point in his career because I rate him as a key component of our next premiership side.

He's a player you want along side you when going into battle because you know he won't take a backwards step.

Dan87

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Zac Jones will become a club legend. He has the same determination his brother has and has that much needed mongrel missing from our team.

I just hope he doesn't have hopes of heading back to Melbourne at some point in his career because I rate him as a key component of our next premiership side.

He's a player you want along side you when going into battle because you know he won't take a backwards step.

Blood for life I reckon

Wonder how these go down, how close Zak gets and whether the inevitable has happened yet.

Wouldn't read much into it at this stage.

It's offseason training with family and what I would imagine is one of his biggest footy mentors.

Wouldn't read much into it at this stage.

It's offseason training with family and what I would imagine is one of his biggest footy mentors.
I recall seeing a little feature on him when he was drafted where he & Nath talked about their training regime (abuse, torture, whatever).

It's something they've always done hardcore together from when they were little right through. If anything, it shows their desire, drive etc. No fancy bali snaps, no kicking back watching american sports... They're in their old mans shed trying to beat each other at who can go the hardest, lift the most & pushing themselves to be better next year. I love it (as long as they don't burn themselves out of course).

I recall seeing a little feature on him when he was drafted where he & Nath talked about their training regime (abuse, torture, whatever).

It's something they've always done hardcore together from when they were little right through. If anything, it shows their desire, drive etc. No fancy bali snaps, no kicking back watching american sports... They're in their old mans shed trying to beat each other at who can go the hardest, lift the most & pushing themselves to be better next year. I love it (as long as they don't burn themselves out of course).
Well, there was a photo of him and Heeney surfing in Indo.

Deccas

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I think he is gonna have a big year next year. He played really well last season, and the Geelong final was a real breakout game. He is getting his best preseason in a while in, and I think he is ready to be excellent. Absolutely love this kid.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
We should remember that he was in the midfield for the start of the last Q in the NEAFL GF when he was 'taken out'.
It is clearly the role our coaches have for him & it will help us understand why we weren't prepared to pay the world to keep Tom Mitchell with such depth coming through in our midfield. Running midfielders that break the lines is the way of the future & unfortunately teams can't have too many of the in & under type midfielder any more as it slows the ball movement down & becomes too easy to shut down.

Back