Universal Love Zak Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

Love the fact the media has no issue telling players of our club to go elsewhere but if a player is OOC they never mention Sydney.
Thats based on the fact that Victorian media has a inflated sense of where the game is. Ie Melbourne is the heartland, with players yearning to "come home".

Will I be suggesting he's a poorer human? No, that's not what I said at all so don't put words into my mouth! I said he was loyal and he does bleed for the club. I have written before that I was fortunate to meet him around this time last year (week of GWS match) and I had a great conversation with him, mostly around surfing but quite honestly about his footy. Were you there? Did you read it? Do you get off by twisting people's words? BTW, I don't disagree with you re Dangerfield or Ablett.

I was worried we might lose Zak, but reading that you had a good chat with him about surfing has completely alleviated those concerns.

Got any more scoops?

Two sledges of Reid in two recent posts. Do you even watch footy?

I do. But I don't rate Reid and never have. My point was hardly a sledge on Reid and more of a compliment towards Jones. He's that important to us now as a team and I just think knowing our recent history, we'd invest more into a player like Reid, over someone like Jones who clearly provides something we lack.

Jones leaving would be the biggest loss our club's had under Horse besides Malceski (although you could argue Mal went downhill after 2014 anyway)

Must be a priority over Reid or we're doomed
Jones' loss could potentially have much more downside than Malceski's. Jones has years of hopefully high quality football ahead of him and offers a combination of dash and a bit of mongrel - both attributes that we're not exactly swamped with. On the other hand, Malceski was already pretty much cooked when he left us - he had been a fantastic player for the club but his best days were well and truly behind him.

Jones' loss could potentially have much more downside than Malceski's. Jones has years of hopefully high quality football ahead of him and offers a combination of dash and a bit of mongrel - both attributes that we're not exactly swamped with. On the other hand, Malceski was already pretty much cooked when he left us - he had been a fantastic player for the club but his best days were well and truly behind him.
He was all Aus in 14 when he left

Not bad for cooked

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally, I think if a player is just after the money then let them go. Jones doesn't strike me as that type.

Love the fact the media has no issue telling players of our club to go elsewhere but if a player is OOC they never mention Sydney.

I swear, the media is like an opposition club to us sometimes.

Just for the sake of discussion , If Jones was to want to come to the tigers what would you guys believe to be a fair trade

players or picks , Dont think you would have $1 mil for dusty

Is this where the Miles talk is stemming from? Part of a Tiger compo package?

Yeesh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back