Recommitted Zak Jones [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitchell clearly went for enders

Jones worth something 10-16 for mine

Anywhere in the 10-18 range I'd be comfortable with. 10 being the top end. Would take a pick in the middle if he wishes to leave.

You'll get more value out of Jones for a 1st rounder than you did with Lovett.
giphy.gif

He averages a turnover for every 4 disposals and is only averaging 21 disposals in his 4th year, so I don't see how that equates to a top 10 pick, or anything particularly close to it. If he was more proven in the midfield then maybe.

GWS only got pick 30 or so for Jack Steele two years after he was drafted and he was bid on with pick 15, the same number Zac was drafted at the year before.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure you can use a future two years in a row?
The rules as originally announced:
- Clubs must make at least two first-round selections in each four-year period. If they don't, they will face restrictions from trading any further first-round draft picks.

- If a club trades a future first-round selection, it may not trade any other future selection from that same draft. But if a club keeps its future first-round selection, it can trade any of its future selections from other rounds.

Geelong presently don't have one in 2017 (gone to Carlton as part of the Tuohy trade), didn't in 2016 (also Carlton for Henderson) or 2015 (to Adelaide for Dangerfield). Their last one was in 2014 (Nakia Cockatoo). IF the AFL stick to their original concept, Geelong can't trade next year's first round pick without picking up a first rounder this year.

The rules as originally announced:
- Clubs must make at least two first-round selections in each four-year period. If they don't, they will face restrictions from trading any further first-round draft picks.

- If a club trades a future first-round selection, it may not trade any other future selection from that same draft. But if a club keeps its future first-round selection, it can trade any of its future selections from other rounds.

Geelong presently don't have one in 2017 (gone to Carlton as part of the Tuohy trade), didn't in 2016 (also Carlton for Henderson) or 2015 (to Adelaide for Dangerfield). Their last one was in 2014 (Nakia Cockatoo). IF the AFL stick to their original concept, Geelong can't trade next year's first round pick without picking up a first rounder this year.

Reckon we will trade our two second rounders for Adelaide first rounder as they need points to secure Jackson Edwards

Getting more expensive by the week for the Swans.

I reckon we will be going pretty hard, he's got the pace around the contest we need.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back