Recommitted Zak Jones [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't know he was as good on the outside as he's shown this season. Hope we chase him. Would happily give up our second round pick and one of our excess young clearance mids. Alex Neal-Bullen comes to mind as a guy who can rack it up but may be squeezed out due to depth.

Melbourne heavily into him. Very confident that he'll play in red and blue next year
Can see that happening considering Sydney need to free up their salary cap and obviously his brother Nathan is playing at the Dees. Would be a quality player to bring in. St Kilda and Richmond would be the other two clubs I can see him going to if a trade were to eventuate. Hoping we can get him though, he would add to us nicely.

Can see that happening considering Sydney need to free up their salary cap and obviously his brother Nathan is playing at the Dees. Would be a quality player to bring in. St Kilda and Richmond would be the other two clubs I can see him going to if a trade were to eventuate. Hoping we can get him though, he would add to us nicely.
His brother is a nice part of it but that's down on the list for Melbourne. He's the #1 target for you guys this year, will mostly be played off HB if you do get him.

His brother is a nice part of it but that's down on the list for Melbourne. He's the #1 target for you guys this year, will mostly be played off HB if you do get him.
Would be a nice component to our side, I've read the McStay and Lever threads also and I'm happy that we are apparently into McStay, he would be a nice alternate trade target to May or Lever. In the case we do get McStay, it would make for an athletic and flexible tall backline for us with T Mac and Frost already down there. It seems you're pretty close to a source down at the Dees with the info you've got, I'm looking forward to what happens come the trade period because apparently we have cap space room to go after 1 or 2 quality players.

Would be a nice component to our side, I've read the McStay and Lever threads also and I'm happy that we are apparently into McStay, he would be a nice alternate trade target to May or Lever. In the case we do get McStay, it would make for an athletic and flexible tall backline for us with T Mac and Frost already down there. It seems you're pretty close to a source down at the Dees with the info you've got, I'm looking forward to what happens come the trade period because apparently we have cap space room to go after 1 or 2 quality players.
Oh, Lever was your #1 target. Your list management team have identified 2 places where you can push ahead of the pack: outside players with pace (Jones in is to push Hunt further up the field) and a 3rd tall player with intercept skills. McStay is currently second on the list there, behind someone north of the Murray. The talent you have on your list is fantastic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne heavily into him. Very confident that he'll play in red and blue next year
Was very interesting last weekend, Melbourne got back from Adelaide Sunday morning and North v Sydney was on the Sunday at Etihad. Nath took the whole family and Zak was seeing the kids and Nath immediately postgame while still in all his Swans kit. I reckon there's a big pull there.

Would love to see him in red and blue. Starting off the HBF and the wing, and moving into midfield when Vince/Lewis/Jones retire in the next 1-3 years.

I loathe this kind of thing, but a Jetta/Hunt/Hibberd/Salem/Lewis/Jones rotation through the back half and midfield would be right up there with the best.

I really hope we do.not lose Jones as he is proving himself to be a gun this year. If we do lose him though I really hope we get fair compensation for him as we drafted him at pick 14 or something but he is far better than that now.

He's not worth what you got for Tom Mitchell.

We got massive unders for Tom Mitchell.

People on this forum overrate draft picks so much. With Jones you know what you are getting and you are getting a good to possibly very good player, whereas a pick 10, that pick is speculative, could be a failure, or could easily be no where near as good as Jones is becoming.

I'd give pick 9 or 10 for Jones, no worries. If it was a case of him nominating us, I'd probably expect a pick swap later in the draft - but that's academic.

Mitchell was way unders, but he is and will always be better than Jones.

We got massive unders for Tom Mitchell.

People on this forum overrate draft picks so much. With Jones you know what you are getting and you are getting a good to possibly very good player, whereas a pick 10, that pick is speculative, could be a failure, or could easily be no where near as good as Jones is becoming.
Jones butchers it by foot, like his Brother used to and for me lacks the class I associate with a top 10 pick.

I'm not saying it would be the end of the world to give one up, but I'd be disappointed to use one on a player of his quality.

That said, he's got speed and would release Hunt further up the ground. At our stage and with our plethora of top 10 talent already on the list I suspect the club thinks he's the right age and fit for our group.

I'd give pick 9 or 10 for Jones, no worries. If it was a case of him nominating us, I'd probably expect a pick swap later in the draft - but that's academic.

Mitchell was way unders, but he is and will always be better than Jones.

Depends on what you want. Jones is far cleaner with his disposal and his run and carry is far better than Mitchell's as well.

If asked if I would want Jones or pick 10 I would take Jones every single day of the week. He is still young and his improvement in 2017 has been impressive. He is only going to get better as well.

Depends on what you want. Jones is far cleaner with his disposal and his run and carry is far better than Mitchell's as well.

If asked if I would want Jones or pick 10 I would take Jones every single day of the week. He is still young and his improvement in 2017 has been impressive. He is only going to get better as well.
Absolutely, Ultimately, it'd take more than pick 10 to convince Sydney to part with him in a free market.

If he decides he's leaving, it'll probably be slightly less.

Was very interesting last weekend, Melbourne got back from Adelaide Sunday morning and North v Sydney was on the Sunday at Etihad. Nath took the whole family and Zak was seeing the kids and Nath immediately postgame while still in all his Swans kit. I reckon there's a big pull there.
Worth noting that he was approached at the end of his last contract but wanted to break into the Swans team instead. I think it'll come down to money more than anything else. If the Swans can match an offer then I don't think he'll move

I really hope we do.not lose Jones as he is proving himself to be a gun this year. If we do lose him though I really hope we get fair compensation for him as we drafted him at pick 14 or something but he is far better than that now.
Your not going to get much better than pick 14 for him if he decides to leave.

Around that should do the job though, shaping as a potential big player in trade week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back