Past Zak Jones - traded 2019, to Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

he makes alot of mistakes, but gosh he has a turn of speed which he uses beautifully (cough cough gaz)...i can only imagine how good he will be when he adds a few kgs....top 3 mid is not beyond reason

He doesn't have the strength yet to push through tackles and gets caught HTB a lot, he does make a lot of mistakes but i think you take the good and the bad with Jones.

Jones doesn't have the genuine speed of someone like Rohan and he's not quick in decision making either. He also tends to do the same trick (charge forward) every time so he's predictable and gets caught too often.

The guy is a solid and courageous player who's willing to put his body on the line but I doubt he's ever going to be a star like hanners, parker, mills, heeney, jpk etc and should be paid accordingly. As much as I like the guy I wouldn't like to see the Swans pay overs for him. We never paid overs for Mitchell and that was a decision that spoke volumes about the level-headedness of the Swans recruiting staff. We need to get best bang for the buck, always.

I agree he's probably gone. The even nature of this year's competition will lead a lot of clubs to look for ready made players to get them a few goals closer each game but we have the talent on board already and should focus on draft picks and developing our NEAFL players as much as possible in the next year or two.

I know Mills gets a lot of love on here and I reckon he'll be a star too but based on what we've seen so far in their careers at similar stages, I would take Jones over Mills.

I know Mills gets a lot of love on here and I reckon he'll be a star too but based on what we've seen so far in their careers at similar stages, I would take Jones over Mills.
I can't believe I just read that. Mills will be the next number 14 to Captain the club. Jones is all over the place at times, don't get me wrong, but he can cost

But neither will be Aliir will they caesar88 :p

I can't believe I just read that. Mills will be the next number 14 to Captain the club. Jones is all over the place at times, don't get me wrong, but he can cost

I just think Mills can still look out of place at times. He's a great read of the play and an excellent intercept mark but apart from that I don't quite get the fuss. Worthy Rising Star winner and a gun no doubt but we have better kids and Jones is one of them IMO

I just think Mills can still look out of place at times. He's a great read of the play and an excellent intercept mark but apart from that I don't quite get the fuss. Worthy Rising Star winner and a gun no doubt but we have better kids and Jones is one of them IMO
You've certainly got some curious ideas but hey, I respect your right to a flat earth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yikes!

Jones has taken 3 years to get to where he is. In and out of the team

Mills was a best 22 his first year, all year

I love the way mills intercept marks and against GWS was positioned behind the play for his ability to read the play.

They are different players with different roles

Mills is McLeod, James Hird class. Jones is more Sam Mitchell. Nothing wrong with either one but Mills just oozes quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jones will finish higher than Mills in our best and fairest quite comfortably FWIW

Was also rushed into finals finals last year, and I'm pretty sure this year has been his first with a preseason

Besides that, He has been best 22 since his first year (wth CheapCharlie?)

Regardless of how good he actually is right now, we'd do well to pay up and see how good he becomes and enjoy his prime for many years to come

Jones doesn't have the genuine speed of someone like Rohan and he's not quick in decision making either. He also tends to do the same trick (charge forward) every time so he's predictable and gets caught too often.

The guy is a solid and courageous player who's willing to put his body on the line but I doubt he's ever going to be a star like hanners, parker, mills, heeney, jpk etc and should be paid accordingly. As much as I like the guy I wouldn't like to see the Swans pay overs for him. We never paid overs for Mitchell and that was a decision that spoke volumes about the level-headedness of the Swans recruiting staff. We need to get best bang for the buck, always.

I agree he's probably gone. The even nature of this year's competition will lead a lot of clubs to look for ready made players to get them a few goals closer each game but we have the talent on board already and should focus on draft picks and developing our NEAFL players as much as possible in the next year or two.

I think you're wrong about his pace and decision making.... big time.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If you think Jones is better than Mills you should probably see yourself out.

Come on it's not that crazy a logic. Jones has had some outstanding games where he's been in our best 3 or 4 players in the side. More than Mills has had anyway. It's not like i'm saying Mills is crap, i love em both I just rate Jones more.

Comparing apples with oranges, they're two completely different players with a different style of play. While they're both extremely promising, they're yet to reach the peak of their powers...whatever that may be!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back