Traded Zak Jones [traded with #56 and future 3rd to St Kilda for #32, #76 and future 3rd]

Remove this Banner Ad

Healy is right with most of that. Jones does not have bad kicking, he makes poor decisions at speed, which results in turnovers. His actual kicking mechanics are very good and he has good penetration.

He's just subject to lots of brain fades

Sounds like Zac Dawson, who was actually a beautiful left foot kick, but poor decision maker/telegrapher.

I'm no Swans/Jones expert but it would seem he presents as an inside bull but played a lot more outside at the Swans (understandable given Kennedy/Parker)?

Been following Jones for a while and could never understand why he wasn't given more opportunities in the middle at Sydney.

He'd always perform pretty well in there and then get thrown back to the half back line.

His contested work us very good and whilst his kicking can let him down his stoppage work and speed is terrific.

Looks like being a bargain pickup I reckon.

I know it’s pretty unlikely because of their plethora of inside midfielders, but did Sydney ever play Jones at the stoppages? Has the perfect body size and tenacity to be an effective inside midfielder, and has good ability to get his arms free.

St Kilda would be reasonably sure they’ve found a very good long-term player, who adds another dynamic to the team. All of a sudden the Saints are looking to have a nice midfield mix, with a combination of different types of midfielder.

I’m keen to see how they go the rest of the season against some stronger teams.

I know it’s pretty unlikely because of their plethora of inside midfielders, but did Sydney ever play Jones at the stoppages? Has the perfect body size and tenacity to be an effective inside midfielder, and has good ability to get his arms free.

St Kilda would be reasonably sure they’ve found a very good long-term player, who adds another dynamic to the team. All of a sudden the Saints are looking to have a nice midfield mix, with a combination of different types of midfielder.

He had a run in there for the first 5 or so rounds last year and showed plenty of promise.

I think he picked up an injury at some stage and then was pushed back to the flank.

Outside of our 2nd half against North we've had a dominant start to the year.

And today North comfortably beat GWS. In Sydney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back