Zaka

Remove this Banner Ad

nic nat will be tough to beat!!

Nic Nat No, he won't win. Don't get too excited about his game against Bock and Bellchambers!

Is funny.

Zaharakis was being touted as a possible recruit in 2007, but was overlooked due to his kicking (apparently)...

Really? He didn't get picked up because of his kicking? Incredible. I would say his kicking, particularly to a leading player was a feature of his game. Well I'm glad he came through to us in the end. :thumbsu:

I barrack for The Dons and Zaka will only be ever remember for one thing and that's kicking a goal on ANZAC day after being bumped. Other than that we won't have much to remember him by.

You are both full of crap AND make no sense sir, so what makes you think that Zaharakis is crap? The fact that you are a Port Adelaide troll?

DOB: 3 August 1988

Still 21, played 5 games.

Still eligible.
I thought that he had to be under 21 at the start of the year (i.e. not turning 22 during the year, which Gumby will be..). Kinda like Liam Anthony last year..?

I thought that he had to be under 21 at the start of the year (i.e. not turning 22 during the year, which Gumby will be..). Kinda like Liam Anthony last year..?

Yes, you are correct. From here:

To qualify for the NAB AFL Rising Star nomination, a player must be under 21 years of age as at January 1 of that year, must not have played more than 10 games to the start of that season and must not have been suspended by the AFL or State League tribunals during the season.

He reminds me so much of a young James Hird.

I am massive on Zaharakis - to me he seems to be such a natural at his role, especially being able to finish with goals.

Didntt reall want to go public with this, but, and you can laugh, he actually reminds me of Gary Ablett Jr.

At the same age, they have uncanny stats:

Ablett Jr v Zaharakis
8.6 Kicks Per Game 8.7
6.3 Handballs Per Game 5.0
14.9 Disposals Per Game 13.7
2.8 Marks Per Game 4.7
1.2 Goals Per Game 0.7
0.9 Behinds Per Game 0.8
3.5 Tackles Per Game 2.5

And that was comparing Ablett Jr's 2nd season with Zaka's first.

For their first seasons comparison:

Ablett v Zaharakis
12 Games 10
3.1 Kicks Per Game 8.7
5.2 Handballs Per Game 5.0
8.3 Disposals Per Game 13.7
1.1 Marks Per Game 4.7
0.8 Goals Per Game 0.7
0.2 Behinds Per Game 0.8
2.1 Tackles Per Game

They both may not have been the recruiters delight, didnt test the highest for an X km run, cant jump 3 feet in the air, cant touch their toes quicker than the #5 draft pick, take a bit longer to wash their hair than the #4 draft pick etc.

But they have truckloads of the intangible - pure football nous. You cant measure that. Couple that with hard work in the fitness department (something Zaka lacks none of) and a giant may awake.

In his 2nd season, Ablett Jr kicked 26 goals after 12 in his first. I think that is a great target for Zaharakis this season, who kicked 10 in his first.

Let's hope he can be 75% as good as the brownlow medalist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zaha's the kid to get every ounce out of his natural footballing abilities - his hunger for success in the red & black is massive. I actually think he has a touch of Joel Selwood about him. Has leadership written all over him.

If his groin can hold up I hope he plays every game.

The force is strong with him.

That's what I think man, BUT the so called professionals outside of the club don't have him in our 22.
Any man who kicks 7 goals in his first professional outing as midfielder makes best 22 ALL THE TIME. Just purely so he reaches his potential earlier.

To be honest, the players that come to my mind when I think of Zaha would be Akermanis, Tingay, Bewick. Very good, very fast wingers cum half-forward flankers.

Nic Nat is probably a lock for Rd 1. They are itcihing to get him there I reckon. Probably a 10 hit out 2 goal game will be enough.

As if they are going to start handing out the token noms in round 1. They save that stuff for about round 18 onwards.

not long till this guy is our best non KP player.

Is a lock in our forwardline until he has the size/tank to take it to the gutz.

gun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back