Zane Leonard

Remove this Banner Ad

KAOS

Draftee
Jan 18, 2004
It amazes me that Collingwood can elevate a player from its Rookie list to the Senior list when the player has not played any type of footy for around 3 years. He played half the season at the Dandenong Stingrays in 2001 and not played since. He must of burned during the first 2 practice matches as he did his hammy in the 1st Q in the last one.
Good luck to the boy i hope he has a good year.
A big gamble but i hope he can stand up and be great player for us in 2004.
GO PIES.

Wiggins

Draftee
Apr 28, 2003
Other Teams
Collingwood
I saw him against the Swans and he was good. He showed some talent, a rarity in our rookies in recent years. Terrific pace, commitment and nouse. Kicking technique flawed but he is no jcloke joke in thar department. Better than most of our bottom ten players on our list and deserves a go for sure.

Feb 2, 2001
Valhalla
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
VFL Magpies
We had a rookie spot available and he was easily the best one, which isn't saying much.

He struggled on a wing in the first half against Sydney, but to his credit, fought his way back into the match. He's very fit and if he's to play a game, he at least won't get beaten up like Maxwell or Crow.

A nothing decision really, but I hope he can show something. We need another rookie success story!

MarkT

Hall of Famer
Veteran 30k Posts 10k Posts
Oct 1, 2001
Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
I was happy with his effort against Sydney after I realised with relief Davidson wasn't so small after all but on reading some of the reports I thought his performance was exaggerated a bit. He looked a footballer but not quite an AFL footballer as yet. He certainly has as much or more promise as anyone we drafted last year bar Cloke.

Jul 23, 2003
In the past,when footy wa
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
I only saw him against Sydney but he seems to be O.K. Didnt show anything special against the swans but all the reports are good. Good luck to Zane, maybe he might get a game this season with our lack of depth and slightly drab line-up, fresh players and giving kids a go might be exactly what we need.

leonmagic

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Feb 16, 2003
themagpiesnest.tk
Other Teams
Collingwood. Forever.
Zane will play, I've got a feeling that our senior side needs a player with BALLS

He's a hard-nut who can run all day - will play at least 5 games, mark my words.

Lonie_from_50

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Sep 10, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seagulls, Bushrangers
Originally posted by guess_who
Zane won't play a game this year... I put ten bucks on that this will come back to haunt me....

I may agree, but i will put a handshake on it. But that is only if he has been elevated.

Demoted Ratings:

NIXON - No way! 0/10
MORRISON - Too early but you never know 5/10
MULLINS - Haven't seen any sign of a good player 8/10
SHACKLETON - TAC Cup medallist, 6/10
KING - Not after Grand Final week 3/10
B.SHAW & H.SHAW - 0/10 - they have a football name, they think they can play - well better than Rhyce.
C.CLOKE - Debutant this year - 0/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back