Zantuck is Rubbish!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
totally devoid of his form this year ( which has not been either good enough for me to notice - nor bad enough for me to notice ) you guys should delist Zantuck at the end of the year. A player who has a fairly limited amount of ability, like Zantuck, is not worth the trouble he causes. At least lawrence Angwin had huge potential and was worth a risk. Zantuck will never be a top 10 player at Essendon, and if he ever did in some bizzarro world way - im guessing essendon must have hit rock bottom.

he is old enough to now better by now

astro_toby said:
totally devoid of his form this year ( which has not been either good enough for me to notice - nor bad enough for me to notice ) you guys should delist Zantuck at the end of the year. A player who has a fairly limited amount of ability, like Zantuck, is not worth the trouble he causes. At least lawrence Angwin had huge potential and was worth a risk. Zantuck will never be a top 10 player at Essendon, and if he ever did in some bizzarro world way - im guessing essendon must have hit rock bottom.

Off the topic: How can someone go for two teams? Always baffles me - especially these two

astro_toby said:
totally devoid of his form this year

Would have thought that's the most important factor.

astro_toby said:
which has not been either good enough for me to notice - nor bad enough for me to notice

That is all you can ask for from your third tall defender. Do your job, beat your opponent, get a bit of the ball.

astro_toby said:
is not worth the trouble he causes.

What trouble has he caused?
Other than for himself, he missed a training session (during his week off mind you) and has now been made an example off. This has no effect on the rest of the squad, other than they now know if they miss training they will be punished.

astro_toby said:
At least lawrence Angwin had huge potential and was worth a risk.

Any 23 year old player who has held Matthew Lloyd on more than one occasion and also kicked five goals in a match has potential.

astro_toby said:
Zantuck will never be a top 10 player at Essendon

No he won't be. But we have 30 players on our list right now that aren't in our top ten. Should we get rid of them as well?
Dean Wallis was never in our top 10 players, but he played a very important role in two premierships. Paul Weston likewise.

Damien Peverill isn't in our top 10 players, never will be, but that doesn't mean he can't be a solid contributor. The problem with setting expectations on a player to be in your best ten is that there is only ten of them.

astro_toby said:
and if he ever did in some bizzarro world way - im guessing essendon must have hit rock bottom.

We don't do that.

astro_toby said:

At least you made one correct statement.

At this juncture i would ask you if you are familiar with an old school saying about one rotten apple spoiling the whole barrel ?

I`m sure Ty is setting a wonderful example to the young kiddies down there .... but , we are all stupid down our way aren`t we :rolleyes: Or maybe we are the ones who have finally woken up to ourselves

Sheedy isn't a fool. He would have known the kid was likely to make mistakes again.
Taking on player like Zantuck was always going to be a gamble. It wasn't going to be as simple as giving him another go and BAM! Sheedy gets the rewards. If it was like that, 15 AFL clubs would have begged the kid to play for them.
We have an inexperienced backline, and if the kid can show a bit of maturity, Sheedy will reap the benefits.

Worse case scenario - Sheedy takes the hard line with him, and it'll probably teach a few of the kids a lesson as to what happens if you waste your chances.. and if any of our younger players are stupid enough to be influenced by Zantuck's behaviour, they can be shown the door as well.

go team said:
Sheedy isn't a fool. He would have known the kid was likely to make mistakes again.
Taking on player like Zantuck was always going to be a gamble. It wasn't going to be as simple as giving him another go and BAM! Sheedy gets the rewards. If it was like that, 15 AFL clubs would have begged the kid to play for them.
We have an inexperienced backline, and if the kid can show a bit of maturity, Sheedy will reap the benefits.

Worse case scenario - Sheedy takes the hard line with him, and it'll probably teach a few of the kids a lesson as to what happens if you waste your chances.. and if any of our younger players are stupid enough to be influenced by Zantuck's behaviour, they can be shown the door as well.
Completely agree.

IDGAF said:
At this juncture i would ask you if you are familiar with an old school saying about one rotten apple spoiling the whole barrel ?

I`m sure Ty is setting a wonderful example to the young kiddies down there .... but , we are all stupid down our way aren`t we :rolleyes: Or maybe we are the ones who have finally woken up to ourselves
He is setting an example. If you do the wrong thing you will get punished and Sheeds will threaten your career. I'm sure the kids at the club have taken notice and got too work.

IDGAF said:

Speaking of setting a good example, I wonder how Hodgey is feeling this morning? How is Karl norman going setting wonderful examples. Schultz's quality example? Mate it happens at every club, Chris Johnson...anymore gansta mates he has but no one ever brings that up. Do I even have to mention Gardiner and Cousins being investigated for their roles in a shooting and a stabbing? you guys are trying to justify getting rid of Ty, no need to, just move on. Martin Pyke, what a mess of a bloke yet look at what he did at Brisbane. Darrel White, another mess. Everitt, a complete head case and so on and on. But even all these examples wont please at least 2 of the clowns in here.

marcuz said:
Cant kick, cant keep up with hard running forwards. Seems more intersted in annoying and bumping his opponants rather than actually doing what he's picked for and thats beat his man.

An average footballer and a waste of space IMHO.
What's Zantuck done to spark this off?.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IDGAF said:

I completely agree.

The way Martin Pike went through North Melbourne and Brisbane like a cancer was nothing short of disgraceful.

The example he must have set for young players like McKernan, S.Grant, Harvey, Black, Power etc absolutely ruined their careers.

Using apples in a barrel as a comparison for professional footballers is not some of your best work.

Longy413 said:
Using apples in a barrel as a comparison for professional footballers is not some of your best work.
I think he's been struggling since he came in here! Like I said trying to justify getting rid of him when there is no reason to. Imagine if he was a steriod abuser then? What a quality example to youngsters that was. Oh but he didnt play for Essendon that bloke, can I get a reminder who he played for?

Longy413 said:
Tired old cliche I know Longy but the facts are younger people in all walks of life can be very easily influenced .

Dennis Pagans stance in holding onto Karl Norman displays the " rotton apple " principle .... remove Angwin and give Norman another shot .

It`s all summarised pretty easily really , Zantucks completely f..ks up at Punt rd. gets the flick , carries on same tradition at Windy Hill . Inevitable that there will be a fair bit of banter about it , thats the nature of this format . Told you so`s are inevitable , just read what your boy Marcuz has always thought of him .If people want to indulge in the petty " Me said - she said playground Bulls..t" then that is thier perogative .......

FWIW ... Essendon is probably one of the best equipped clubs in the league to handle a bloke like Zantuck and give him another shot . With an experienced tough Campaigner like Sheedy at the helm and the fact the you are one of the best led sides going around so far as your leadership goes , I`m sure that there would be a very close eye being kept on Ty and any disruptive behaviour that he may by carrying on with would be nipped in the bud pretty quickly and not allowed to influence the rest of the playing group .

Diamond_Joe said:
I think he's been struggling since he came in here! Like I said trying to justify getting rid of him when there is no reason to. Imagine if he was a steriod abuser then? What a quality example to youngsters that was. Oh but he didnt play for Essendon that bloke, can I get a reminder who he played for?
" It`s all about the me said - she said Bullsh.t .........................

It`s pretty apparent who is struggling DJ , now get out those history books and see if you can unearth any more of those gem -like untried insults ... come on ..... give it your best shot.

As a backman u want him to punch.. that is the first rule of a backman.. u don't get possesions for punching.. Him averaging 13 posessions a game and averaging less than .4 free kicks against a game i think that is a pretty impressive stat.. i think everyone is jumpin on his back trying to break him a little prematurely.

IDGAF said:
Tired old cliche I know Longy but the facts are younger people in all walks of life can be very easily influenced .

Younger people can also see that if they want to have a successful career in AFL football and at the Essendon FC then missing training is not acceptable. Ty wasn't out with anyone else from the playing group, what he has done here is not going to influence anyone else into doing the same thing. Infact it's going to make them think twice.

The fact is, if we have a young player who is going to stray then they are more than likely going to do it anyway.

IDGAF said:
Dennis Pagans stance in holding onto Karl Norman displays the " rotton apple " principle .... remove Angwin and give Norman another shot .

How's Karl Norman going?
Not playing great footy, been dropped, played VFL, was caught out on King St having a verbal with his missus. That had nothing to do with Angwin and everything to do with Karl Norman.
We had Angwin do a pre-season with us, but we haven't had any young players turn up to training stoned or had reports of players having belongings stolen.

IDGAF said:
It`s all summarised pretty easily really , Zantucks completely f..ks up at Punt rd. gets the flick carries on same tradition at Windy Hill .

Zantuck has not completely f...ked up at Essendon. What he has done here is nothing on the wrongs he made at Essendon, he missed a training session on his week off. He did the wrong thing, and he is being punished for it. He hasn't involved any other players, he hasn't influenced anyone else. You could find a number of reasons to suggest that Richmond was the bad influence on Ty and not the other way around. We don't accept Ty missing training and that is why he is going to play in the VFL. Lets get this straight, missing training is all he has done wrong. He hasn't been in a fight, hasn't been caught drink driving, he hasn't taken drugs.

IDGAF said:
Told you so`s are inevitable , just read what your boy Marcuz has always thought of him .

Marcuz doesn't rate him and that is fine. Fact of the matter is, he has been at the club since December, battled injuries for a lot of that time and has player very solid football. This is his first mistake and it is a relatively minor one. But it is inexcusable and he is paying the price for it.
Let's not forget in all of this that Ty has been playing pretty good football and done the job asked of him most weeks.
Seven months after arriving at the club he has made his first mistake, it may very well be his last.

IDGAF said:
I`m sure that there would be a very close eye being kept on Ty and any disruptive behaviour that he may by carrying on with would be nipped in the bud pretty quickly.

Correct. Jason Johnson and Dean Solomon made a similar mistake and they were asked to start on the bench. Ty is being made a case of and he now knows that if he wants to play AFL footy that going out and missing training is unacceptable. Ty did the wrong thing, the club is doing the right thing. He won't influence others to make the same mistake, because they now know the penalty. If they do it, they probably would have done it anyway.

Diamond_Joe said:
I do champ, isnt it called Richmond Football Club?

and to IDGAF, you'll be mine you say? much like your clubs record against Essendon? I wonder if he cost us our clubs major sponsor? Look at your own club before mine champo! Let's hope pea heart campbell drops 2 or 3 packets of no-doze, hell need to be aware before Ty cleans the ever loving $hit out of him. No go and have a few more beers mate, then get behind the wheel of a car, something your club's players have become famous for. you`ll be miiiiiiinnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeee , one more tiiiiiiiiimee...NEXT!
DJ. You wouls have to be the most ignorant pri ck in the forum. You have a go at someone who barracks for richmond saying noone at The bombers has cost us sponsorship... They got another sponsor worth more than what they had and then after that one are higher than the bombers on the ladder with arguably the best up and coming side in the league.. mate u need to think before u talk because ur ideas are wayward and wrong..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back