Ze Vurld Kupp - 2018 world cup thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re Kane , defender wacked him on the scone on the way down too .

Been a bit of that going on. El Materino with the dreadlocks would be 5-1 to make it to 90 minutes. Should have been yellow carded two or three times in the first half for persistant pork choppery.

Been a bit of that going on. El Materino with the dreadlocks would be 5-1 to make it to 90 minutes. Should have been yellow carded two or three times in the first half for persistant pork choppery.
Ref will have to flash some red cards soon , and they call aus rough ffs

Well, when it's your day, it's your day. Awesome back-heeled goal, then.

Well, when it's your day, it's your day. Awesome back-heeled goal, then.

At 0-0 reckon that's offside but still.
5 to Kane, 4 Lukaku, 4 Ronaldo in 2 group games. Is the easiest world cup since the 70s or whatever for strikers to score?
Imagine a 48 team world cup?

And Kane scores his 14th goal of the tournament against a Syrian team who's goalkeeper also works part time in the bomb squad.

Enjoy watching African sides normally. Tunisia and Morocco are more middle eastern than African but sides like Senegal and Ghana are dynamite ( is that racist? Clearly have different athletes to the Ivory Coast Senegal Mali etc)

Senegal are like us with class, direct powerful strong and fit. These African sides will start dominating world cups one day I reckon, if you took a best of Cameroon, Ivory Coast Ghana and Senegal from the last 15 years you would have a bloody good team. Problem being so many for obvious reasons have had to relocate to Europe they haven't been able to have a stand out team.

If Africa wasn't Africa and had a decent system set up they would be the powerhouse sporting countries of the world.

Enjoy watching African sides normally. Tunisia and Morocco are more middle eastern than African but sides like Senegal and Ghana are dynamite ( is that racist? Clearly have different athletes to the Ivory Coast Senegal Mali etc)

Senegal are like us with class, direct powerful strong and fit. These African sides will start dominating world cups one day I reckon, if you took a best of Cameroon, Ivory Coast Ghana and Senegal from the last 15 years you would have a bloody good team. Problem being so many for obvious reasons have had to relocate to Europe they haven't been able to have a stand out team.

If Africa wasn't Africa and had a decent system set up they would be the powerhouse sporting countries of the world.

Tunisia and Morocco are more European I would have said, at least in how they play and go about it. They both have a slew of players born in France who couldn't crack that squad so are taking the easier alternate option.

People have been saying some African side will take the world by storm for decades. Cameroon, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Ghana, etc have had some okay sides over the years, but being fast, fit and strong isn't the trump card in football it is in other sports. Despite having some quality players plying their trade at a lot of European clubs, can't recall any African sides being more than a bit of a flash in the pan and having a run to the quarters or something along those lines.

Syria actually weren't that far off from making the world cup. Anyway sometimes I wonder what soccer would look like with no off sides, same rules but no offside.

Would resemble 80s AFL. Teams would find big strong blokes to stand near the penalty area and pump the ball long to them for 90 minutes. Wouldn't really need midfielders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Juric is a poor man's Viduka! Bloody hell! As much as I didn't like Ange, he'd be all in for attack this game and play Arzani and Cahill and go for it. Could lose 5-2, but we'd play the Australian way and go down swinging! Nabbout out hurts. I'm expecting us to squander a heap of chances. Peru are still a bloody good soccer team. Hoping for a 2-0 win but expecting like a 1-1 draw or 2-1 loss tbh..

Juric is a poor man's Viduka! Bloody hell! As much as I didn't like Ange, he'd be all in for attack this game and play Arzani and Cahill and go for it. Could lose 5-2, but we'd play the Australian way and go down swinging! Nabbout out hurts. I'm expecting us to squander a heap of chances. Peru are still a bloody good soccer team. Hoping for a 2-0 win but expecting like a 1-1 draw or 2-1 loss tbh..
+1. Sick of us hiring conservative Dutchmen/Germans to suck the life out of our teams. Sure, we are low on talent compared to Peru, and compared to previous Australian squads, but this whole defensively minded set up was never going to work for us. I've been insulted in this thread for saying so, but Bert is a total flop with our team. Ange would have got us a better result, I have no doubt about that, even though we probably still would have failed to advance. But that's on Ange - pity he cracked the sads and left. He should have finished the job he was hired to do. Another WC disappointment. Oh well. Let's see what Arnie can do with them.

We had our chances , all tournament and couldn't convert them . We needed goals and he takes rogic of and puts on Irvine a DM . I am not as "shattered" as foz as the coach just wanted us to not wreck his reputation .

Feel like people are forgetting that we lost to Saudi Arabia and narrowly beat Syria and Honduras to qualify under Ange, so how on earth was he going to name a side to come out swinging against Peru? I thought Bert did well to get a woeful Socceroos side anywhere near three countries currently ranked top 12. The state of development is absolutely dire, two consecutive generations of strikers have failed to kick on.

Peru is actually really good. South America has to share four cup spots and one playoff between Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Peru and Colombia. Bolivia, Venezuela, Paraguay and Ecuador can beat them on their day too. They're on a different planet to the Roos, which showed when they went forward and ran Milligan, Risdon, Behich and Sainsbury off their feet.

We had our chances , all tournament and couldn't convert them . We needed goals and he takes rogic of and puts on Irvine a DM . I am not as "shattered" as foz as the coach just wanted us to not wreck his reputation .
In his one season at Burton (16-17), Irvine scored 11 goals. Rogic has 20 goals in four seasons at Celtic. Both are players that score long range goals. Problem with Rogic is that he's not really an athlete and can't run out full games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back