Ze Vurld Kupp - 2018 world cup thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't mind seeing another one of Timmy Cahill's 25 yard left-foot headers. Arzani has to be the most overrated, over-hyped player Australia has produced for a long time... which is something of an oxymoron.

Must be about the 13th time the commentator has confused Leckie and Risdon... who look and play nothing alike.

Can someone make a gif of umtiti handball where as he touches the ball, it turns into a white flag? The these pricks and refs just fall for it.

Well, not the ideal result, but we can hold our heads up high and all that. At least we didn't play out a snoozefest of a draw like those "powerhouses" Spain and Portugal...

Arzani has to be the most overrated, over-hyped player Australia has produced for a long time... which is something of an oxymoron.
Why the relentless negativity? He's 19! There's not much else in the cupboard and he has been great.

those French campaigners. If the dees rolled out each week with half the heart the aussies did tonight I'd be a happy man. Fantastic effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Either we beat Denmark or our stay will be brief . would be handy if we could find a no 9 that can score , something we haven't had since Viduka . He wasn't a big scorer for the national team but he was a true target man and kept the opposition defence busy . Risdon worried me as a defender , often getting caught out of place . Rogic had a quiet game because the team struggled to get the ball to him in good positions . Arzani wasn't on long enough to do much , still we have 2 games that are winnable so all hope is not lost

Either we beat Denmark or our stay will be brief . would be handy if we could find a no 9 that can score , something we haven't had since Viduka . He wasn't a big scorer for the national team but he was a true target man and kept the opposition defence busy . Risdon worried me as a defender , often getting caught out of place . Rogic had a quiet game because the team struggled to get the ball to him in good positions . Arzani wasn't on long enough to do much , still we have 2 games that are winnable so all hope is not lost
Have to beat Denmark. Have to draw against Peru. Peru is the game where we will have to find a way to score as they will score on us. Very attacking team. Let's hope France find some form and smash these two sides and we can get 4 points somehow and move on.

Why the relentless negativity? He's 19! There's not much else in the cupboard and he has been great.

Relentless negativity? First time I'd mentioned him, I thought. Has a bit of zip and likes a dribble, also like wandering down blind alleys and not scoring. Has a long way to go. Would rather have seen Cahill come on, particularly given we only looked vaguely threatening whipping in the odd cross / long ball.

Thought we played very well . It is annoying that teams know we are physical and so they just take dives and because its France the refs just give them a free kick almost every time

Thought we played very well . It is annoying that teams know we are physical and so they just take dives and because its France the refs just give them a free kick almost every time

Bit both ways, at times. Rodriguez and a few of their players went down easily, but there were also some pretty clumsy / silly challenges. We got away with a few, too (Sainsbury). Can't see the style of refereeing changing for our other two matches, so they need to tread the line a little more carefully.

Lucas and Tolisso were annoying, but we got into the spirit of it too.

A bit tired of the media's hand-wringing over the penalty, Risdon didn't (or barely) got the ball and then clearly clipped Griezeman with his back foot. It was a penalty, end of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back