Ze Vurld Kupp - 2018 world cup thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Krauts v tacos , good match so far .

Mexico playing like we want too but with a class forward 3. Could have had a couple on the counter.

Lozano is world class, Hernandez looked nervous. Should have scored but keeps getting the ball stuck in his feet

Ze Deutsch needed a focal point in attack. Gomez isn't great but at least he'll tie up the central defenders. Werner far too peripheral. Bringing Brandt on and sticking a left-footer on the wing made a bit of difference at the end, although Mejico pretty much had their ears pinned back by then. Good game, though.

Ze Deutsch needed a focal point in attack. Gomez isn't great but at least he'll tie up the central defenders. Werner far too peripheral. Bringing Brandt on and sticking a left-footer on the wing made a bit of difference at the end, although Mejico pretty much had their ears pinned back by then. Good game, though.

Werner to me looked like a counter attacking striker. Like had he been playing instead of Hernandez the mexies might have scored 4

Not sure id be using him centrally when sides are deep. Have to use Gomez or Muller at a pinch but they also don't have much for width. Muller is Class but neither him or draxler are overly quick and both wanna come central. They will create goals but none of the big guns have started this WC overly impressively.
Probably only the Spanish because as bad as it is to say Ronaldos hattrick was very lucky.
A penalty, a goalie error and an admittedly world class free kick. Could go the whole tournament without conceding 3 like that again.

Apparently SBS will telecast all WC games for next 48 hours . Epic fail from Optus , can't post link sorry :)

Don't you tease me you mother*er - true??

* yes - just checked the guide. You're awesome, I wouldn't have noticed otherwise.

We can all profit from an Optus stuff up

As long as it keeps happening. I am filthy that the round of 16 and quarter final games aren't on SBS. I'm contemplating getting this terrible excuse for reliable broadcasting that would appear to be the Optus package just so I can watch them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as it keeps happening. I am filthy that the round of 16 and quarter final games aren't on SBS. I'm contemplating getting this terrible excuse for reliable broadcasting that would appear to be the Optus package just so I can watch them.
Funding cuts to SBS = less games covered .

Interesting to note SBS are also showing replays of games played overnite , something the 7 network aren't allowed to do ( or don't want to) . Personally hope Optus stays stuffed so those that depend on FTA TV can watch Ze Cup .

Funding cuts to SBS = less games covered .
Wrong.

SBS traded away the rights to the world cup matches to get a premier league game every week.

Tbf that was a smart move. A Premier league game every week, normally at the 9 or 10pm slot is much more valuable than half the world cup games every 4 years

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Wrong.

SBS traded away the rights to the world cup matches to get a premier league game every week.

Tbf that was a smart move. A Premier league game every week, normally at the 9 or 10pm slot is much more valuable than half the world cup games every 4 years

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not sure it is, to be honest. I like having a Premier League game on free-to-air, and every now and again we get a genuinely good game on the 9:30 time slot... but we're talking about missing the entire round of 16 and quarter finals of the World Cup here. There will be some huge games there that will certainly be bigger than Man Utd Liverpool or Man City Chelsea that a lot of people are going to miss. One Premier League game is good, but more often than not the SBS game is the likes of Sunderland vs West Brom at 2 am, so not such a ticklish fixture.

Not sure it is, to be honest. I like having a Premier League game on free-to-air, and every now and again we get a genuinely good game on the 9:30 time slot... but we're talking about missing the entire round of 16 and quarter finals of the World Cup here. There will be some huge games there that will certainly be bigger than Man Utd Liverpool or Man City Chelsea that a lot of people are going to miss. One Premier League game is good, but more often than not the SBS game is the likes of Sunderland vs West Brom at 2 am, so not such a ticklish fixture.
From an SBS point of view it is better though.

They are getting a game a week for 4 years. So effectively they are getting 152 games over that time.

Pretty sure they still get the rights to replay games of the world cup/highlights as well.

SBS has announced they will telecast all group stage games . Seems Optus are struggling to fix whatever issue is affecting their streaming of the World Cup .
Good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back