Ze Vurld Kupp - 2018 world cup thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know much about this Arzani kid but Kruse looks low on confidence. Had a couple of chances to maybe do something but slow.

I thought Leckie was best on, very good at bringing it into our own half and then retaining possession.
Rogic doesn't do enough, or anything really. Nabbout some really nice first touches but again no presence. At some point we will have to pull the trigger on Kruse or Nabbout and get something else on. Surely with the amount of crosses we are getting in Cahill for 15-20 minutes needs to happen.

Don't know much about this Arzani kid but Kruse looks low on confidence. Had a couple of chances to maybe do something but slow.

I thought Leckie was best on, very good at bringing it into our own half and then retaining possession.
Rogic doesn't do enough, or anything really. Nabbout some really nice first touches but again no presence. At some point we will have to pull the trigger on Kruse or Nabbout and get something else on. Surely with the amount of crosses we are getting in Cahill for 15-20 minutes needs to happen.

Rogic will always struggle in this side. He wants the ball to feet, players running off him and to play measured football, whereas we have limited battlers who make the odd run down the channels and otherwise just chase long balls. Needs a few more talented players around him.

Rogic will always struggle in this side. He wants the ball to feet, players running off him and to play measured football, whereas we have limited battlers who make the odd run down the channels and otherwise just chase long balls. Needs a few more talented players around him.

Yeah He needs to pick the ball up deeper. Looks like he's playing as a second striker while we are attacking almost exclusively down the wings. Although used the centre a couple times there so promising.

Alternatively Rogic could do the dirty work of Nabbout and we could bring someone else on either in midfield or further up

Yeah we have two wingers who have pace in Leckie and Kruse, but lack skill to cross and make the right decisions. Kruse has been rubbish tonight. Surprised he's still on. Leckie has at least completed some decent crosses and looked dangerous.

No Cahill, again. Wish they'd taken Risdon off and put Cahill up front with Juric with Leckie, Arzani and Rogic in behind. Go for the effing win.

No Cahill, again. Wish they'd taken Risdon off and put Cahill up front with Juric with Leckie, Arzani and Rogic in behind. Go for the effing win.
Juric isnt good enough. Cahill should have come on for Nabbout

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

another good effort.

Leckie was ******* awesome.

The only people that didn't want Cahill on was Bert and everyone barracking for Denmark. cant believe we didn't bring him on. Our inability to finish is so frustrating.

start Arzani against Peru.

Kruse had a shocker.

Juric isnt good enough. Cahill should have come on for Nabbout

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Half the guys in the starting 11 aren't good enough and are just there to run around and put effort in.

Admittedly haven't seen much of Juric, but he at least appears to have a bit of nous up front. Nabbout should have been starting on the left wing and Kruse shouldn't get off the pine. Difficult to change the shape of the side though because Jedinak doesn't have the pace to do the grunt work, which means Mooy is pinned back more than he should be, which means Rogic is isolated or trying to play football with dunces. The team is being setup to avoid being embarrassed, not to play good football.

Half the guys in the starting 11 aren't good enough and are just there to run around and put effort in.

Admittedly haven't seen much of Juric, but he at least appears to have a bit of nous up front. Nabbout should have been starting on the left wing and Kruse shouldn't get off the pine. Difficult to change the shape of the side though because Jedinak doesn't have the pace to do the grunt work, which means Mooy is pinned back more than he should be, which means Rogic is isolated or trying to play football with dunces. The team is being setup to avoid being embarrassed, not to play good football.

Nabbout has a brilliant first touch but didn't know how to attract the ball on make any runs in behind.
Mooy was too deep, but he was winning The ball and distributing it well. Jedi too slow. Would play someone else instead of him last game and push mooy on. Mooy can find Rogics feet or play in a striker to stretch the defence.
Rogic plays nice attacking passes but again didn't get any balls played into him.

Kruse was average. Slow decisions poor first touches and hesitations. Arzani still has alot to prove but he looked alot more incisive than Kruse.

Leckie was Motm for mine. Couldn't have done much more other than score. Pretty clear we need to get more blokes developing in Germany.

Behich was really good aswell, with the pace we play at on the flanks I'm not sure we need a target man, Rogic can lay it off from the 10 role so why not play a poacher like Cahill late in games.

Not getting a point from the France game really hurts, we'd almost be monties to go through if we'd drawn than and then beaten Peru. Best chance now is to smack Peru/hope France smack Denmark, bc there's no way France don't win at least one of their next two IMO.

I love Australia being in the World Cup, but we'll never do any good. We hugely over rate our teams. We don't really have any world class players. Mostly battlers. And the one bloke who was world class is way past his prime. We're ranked about 50th for a reason.
What do you mean we overrate our team? I feel like most of us are just pleased to be there. As said above, its a weak generation. Our strikers are an absolute joke and have been since Viduka*. Kennedy was useful, and McDonald was good in every kit he wore but the national one - but Juric, MacLaren, Nabbout? Dreadful. *Cahill only really became a striker at 35-36.

I like the way Bert has us playing. Pragmatic Dutch football is the answer in Australia. Imagine how they'll feel going from Van Marwijk and Van Bommell to Graham Arnold. Could be a long, lean spell for the Roos coming up.

Not getting a point from the France game really hurts, we'd almost be monties to go through if we'd drawn than and then beaten Peru. Best chance now is to smack Peru/hope France smack Denmark, bc there's no way France don't win at least one of their next two IMO.

I don't think this side is capable of smacking anyone. Would we be favourites against Peru? I doubt it.

I don't think this side is capable of smacking anyone. Would we be favourites against Peru? I doubt it.

And scarier is Peru with nothing to play for will almost certainly ditch tactics and play for a goal fest and I'm not sure we are capable of scoring without some bloke punching the ball who isn't a goalie.

It's out of our hands as the Danes only need a point to go through . Watching Peru last night , they have pace , their touch is typical South American , while at times we seem to belt the ball when passing . Will be a big ask to beat them .

From the limited time I've seen us play at this WC, we suck pretty hard. We also blow pretty hard. Hard to feel excited watching this team. Pretty pissed at Ange for not seeing this through - at least he would have made us exciting, attacking and unpredictable. Bert feels like yet another disinterested Dutchman that we hire every now and then to take the life out of our team.

From the limited time I've seen us play at this WC, we suck pretty hard. We also blow pretty hard. Hard to feel excited watching this team. Pretty pissed at Ange for not seeing this through - at least he would have made us exciting, attacking and unpredictable. Bert feels like yet another disinterested Dutchman that we hire every now and then to take the life out of our team.

Dunno about that. Best defensively organised I've seen us in a very long time and he's got Leckie and Mooy playing really well. Doesn't have any weapons at his disposal at all. Certainly don't have players close to the level of either 3 sides.

Jedinak plays his role of protecting the defense well. That allows Mooy to get forward and gives us cover on the counter attack. No problems with either of them.

Kruse was awful and always is. He hardly ever plays for club but is always one of the first picked for Australia for some unknown reason. Yes he gets in good spots, but what is the point if he fluffs every opportunity he gets.

Leckie was getting the ball in the box regularly but there was no one there to put it away. Why they didn't bring Cahill on for the last 20 mins has me ****ed.

Next game Kruse gets dropped for Arzani (he looks like a 18 year old Kewell v Iran back in the 98 qualifiers). Keep the rest of it much the same. I guess Juric starts for Naboout but only on the proviser that Cahill comes on in the last 30 mins when we are trying to win the game otherwise start him and play him for the first 60 mins.

Dunno about that. Best defensively organised I've seen us in a very long time and he's got Leckie and Mooy playing really well. Doesn't have any weapons at his disposal at all. Certainly don't have players close to the level of either 3 sides.
Yep. Anyone having a crack at Bert doesn't have a clue.

I've been impressed with how well organised he has the team playing. My only query has really been around a few of his sections/non selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Back