Zeke's 2003 Draft Review

Remove this Banner Ad

NorthBhoy said:
Can't explain how highly I rate David Trotter.

Busted his arm last year, stuffed his foot this pre-season. Is currently out with a hammy. Will be an outstanding footballer.
Your second line may or may not prove to be true but your first is the most accurate thing I've ever read on BF.

In all seriousness though, every year midfielders are the ones everyone talks about when discussing the last or previous draft. 5 years on and the KPP's are winning games for their clubs while the midfielders rotate unless they are one of the few of the elite players - maybe 2 or 3 per draft at best.

Would you rather have Ball or Reiwoldt? Give the KPP's a chance to make it a fair comparison.

it's still way to early to judge these guys.

tuck played 50 odd ressies games before about another 400 in the firsts.

realistically we are only 24 games into these guys carrers and many of them have had injury issues over this time.

i'm mighty impressed with cooney and bradley.

tenace looks the good too.

i'm confident walker will be a gun for us. not just a good player but a top 3 or 4 player at our club. just not for the next 4-5 years.

at age 23 i expect walker to be one of if not the higest paid player at the club. he is a in the kouta, pavlich, goodes mould i reckon. beanpole athlete with speed and skills. i see waite in a similar fashion expect walks if about 3 years younger.

i'm happy for walker to play in the vfl all year, and only get games that he earns of form rather than potential.

Bradley, cooney, tenace, sylvia, mclean, delcua and probably a few others are having an impact for their team each week now.

AirportWest #17 said:
How can you justify rating Sylvia this high? WTF has he done?

If you watched him play on the weekend, its pretty clear what the kid can do. He plays with some sort of charisma, he plays like Josh Carr, hardnut with a steely resolve about his face. The things he did were what u'd expect from a 10 year veteran.

On raw potential he is DEFINITELY top 3.

2003 draft port got (IIRC)

Chaplin - Full back replacement showing nice development from a draft thin on KPP
Symes - progressing slowely
Pettigrew - Progressing well and should be well placed to replace bishop in the near future
Peel - this may be our first draft dud, he so far is the first draft pick not to make an impact at SANFL level
Forster-Knight - injury stopped him getting an oppurtunity
PSD
Surjan - how he got through the main draft is a surprise, coming along nicely, doing his apprenticeship under michael wilson
Mahoney - no superstar in the making but did contribute to a premiership.

not a bad effort for a team that finished minor premiers in 2003

Remove this Banner Ad

Back