Zero Carb Diet

Remove this Banner Ad

I did a week of it 3 weeks ago, was feeling good only eating rib eye steak for dinner fasting in between, i dropped 5kg but have put 2 back on, I will try it again in spring

Reincorporating carbs into your diet after a period of little know carbs will also lead to "weight gain" more to do with the muscles filling with glycogen and naturally you eat more food and foods you haven't typically eaten for that time.

Anyone tried this?

Cant believe how much I am reading about it now. Appears it gained momentum in the mid 80's and has a rather large following. Like all quirky movements its popularity is now pushing it into "fad" status on the net.

Must say I'm blown away with what I'm reading and the health and bloods of the followers.

Thinking about trying the 30 day challenge
I actually only stopped due to your post on gut bacteria

0 carbs sounds like hell to me.

If you're trying to lose weight but don't want to rip the heart and soul right out of your diet then you need to do more HIIT.

My parents frustrate me. Sore throat or common cold straight to the doc for antibiotics. Their reasoning is they don't want it to become bronchitis or pneumonia.

They take so many antibiotics that soon they will not work when something more serious might hit them.

Surprised their doctors are giving them antibiotics. Doctors I've seen whenever I have a sore throat or cold (only really go to get a doctor's certificate for work, no real "treatment" needed) never issue antibiotics for those sort of illnesses, because they're often caused by viruses, and antibiotics apparently aren't effective against viruses.

As for absolutely "zero" carbs, I'm not really big on things like bread, and I can go without pasta and cereals for long stretches, but surely you need to have something like rice with your meal occasionally to "fill out" the meal (even from a cost-to-volume perspective), let alone vegetables (those that count as "carbs") too. Even before the health negatives, how do you not go broke and/or go hungry by totally eliminating carb sources?

How do I gluconeogenesis?

There's really no such thing as a zero carb diet. Your body needs energy and it'll just convert that steak to sugar somehow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ketosis is great if you dont want to be in proximity to other people.
This is nonsense. My job involves being around hundreds of people daily. As a result of confidence from losing weight and having more energy I actually have a better social life now with minimal carbs.

Some people need carbs so he could be referring to those people...? As a blanket statement though, i don't know what he's trying to say. Lots of people are fine in ketosis.

Just finished my first 4 day fat fast and here is today's Keto reading. People better stay clear :)

Also dropped 2.2kg in that time, and no, I wasn't doing it to lose weight.

And it was 1500 calories each day comprised of butter, coconut oil and pork fat. Zero carb or protein.

18442807415_8f1349cbc4.jpg

Last edited:
I've been on a ketogenic diet for 2 weeks now and i've lost 2kg. I'm happy enough.
I wanted to know whether eating 0.7 grams protein/1 pound of lean body mass is enough to maintain my lean muscle?
My plan is to cut as much fat ass possible first then increase my protein and carbs slightly for a bulking phase.
I lift 5 days a week and carb up usually from Friday dinner to Sunday lunch

I've been on a ketogenic diet for 2 weeks now and i've lost 2kg. I'm happy enough.
I wanted to know whether eating 0.7 grams protein/1 pound of lean body mass is enough to maintain my lean muscle?
My plan is to cut as much fat ass possible first then increase my protein and carbs slightly for a bulking phase.

I'd say .7g per LBM would be bare miniumum, 1g per LBM would be a better option.

Allot of variables to consider,
Current lean muscle mass ratio
Genetics.
You need to trial the amount of protein you need to maintain your lean muscle without taking you out of ketosis

Allot of variables to consider,
Current lean muscle mass ratio
Genetics.
You need to trial the amount of protein you need to maintain your lean muscle without taking you out of ketosis
I've revised my macros tonight.
Will have 0.95 grams protein/1 pound LBM from tomorrow and more fat.
I was on a 1000 calorie deficit but it'll be 500 now

I've revised my macros tonight.
Will have 0.95 grams protein/1 pound LBM from tomorrow and more fat.
I was on a 1000 calorie deficit but it'll be 500 now

Yeah be careful restricting cals too low, it will eventually mess up your metabolism n hormones , you're better off fasting one day or a low cal day then eating higher cals rest of the week.
It also depends on the type of protein you eat, not just the amount.

Yeah be careful restricting cals too low, it will eventually mess up your metabolism n hormones , you're better off fasting one day or a low cal day then eating higher cals rest of the week.
It also depends on the type of protein you eat, not just the amount.
Yeah honestly i feel like s**t on the 1000 ca deficit. I think I went too hard by starting with that deficit, I agree that it'll probably mess up my metabolism in the long run

Remove this Banner Ad

Back