Zero gamers at your club who will be guns

Remove this Banner Ad

Sean Darcy.

Has a great attitude and has a bit of thug about him. Beat Giles in his WAFL debut. Ross seems to be a fan so hopefully jags a few games this year.

I was a bit disappointed when Essendon passed on Mitch Hibberd with picks 29 and 30 in 2015. What's the consensus among North fans on how he's going/will go in the future?

Injury ended his year last year.

Beautiful size and gets plenty of the pill, I think needs some continuity and we will see him debut at some point this year.

Well maybe not mid season, Hibberd is going to debut on Sunday.

Along with other 0 gamers Preuss, Mountford and Simpkin.

We don't have a whole lot of zero gamers going around that are potential guns ATM. Probably Joel Smith the only one. The rest seem pretty speculative.
Gee I was impressed by him against us. His tackling is insanely good already.

Well maybe not mid season, Hibberd is going to debut on Sunday.

Along with other 0 gamers Preuss, Mountford and Simpkin.
A tad surprised not to see Durdin and EVW in there, but I suppose you can't play them all. Interested to see how they go - I like what I've seen from all of them.

I was a bit disappointed when Essendon passed on Mitch Hibberd with picks 29 and 30 in 2015. What's the consensus among North fans on how he's going/will go in the future?

We will get a look at him on Sunday. Like most of our 2014 draftees he has had trouble with injuries but finally has had a good run.

The obvious for me. Brodie, Bowes, Ainsworth.

I love that we nabbed Brodie at 9. We haven't had that beast 189cm+ mid yet and he looks every bit that. Come in at the the perfect time where we have some depth and Barlow to learn off so he can take his time. I'd actually like to see Brodie in full flight at NEAFL level. Will easy find 40 touches.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk
Should end up being a special draft for you guys. Brodie is a beauty, the kind of guy you can build a midfield around. Wouldn't have been out of place at pick 1.

0 Gamers @ Essendon:
Morgan - Injury prone. Will not be a gun. He may end up getting a game as a quick winger/HBF, but we've seen more from McKenna and Long to date, and even those two aren't guaranteed.
McGrath - Will be a gun. I cant see us running him as a HBF. He may have had stints there during the U18s, but this kid looks like a good mix of an inside & outside mid. Haven't seen the tackling pressure at AFL level yet, but his disposal and movement in traffic has been promising
Ridley - Disappointing injury. I rated this kid top 15 last year. Class disposal and decision making, with good marking and spoiling. Will be a gun. But will take a little more time
Begley - Really liked his game against Gold Coast. I can see him eventually being a mid, with the likes of Laverde & Francis spending more time in the KP spots. Reminds me a lot of Danger & Oliver, but kicks better than both!
Mutch - Im trying to curtail my excitement with him, but he has gun written all over him. Some of the best disposal ive seen from a kid in a long time. I have massive wraps on him
Clarke - Will be a workhorse, but gun might be a stretch. I can see him playing a lot of games for us though. Just doing a job in terms of extracting the ball and being that link up inside mid.
Draper - No way of telling. But for a kid who came to AFL after being a soccer goalie, he has some impressive skills. Marking and shot on goal look very natural.
Not sure he will be a ruckman, but i think he is our answer to the void at FF.
McGrath will probably do an apprenticeship in the back line like Heppel did before moving into the on ball rotations when he's ready. Might be a scary midfield by then with Merrett, Zaharakis, Heppel and Parish in there.

You guys should be thrilled with where you landed Clark, Mutch and Begley, I had them all ranked a lot higher. Begley is fairly new to the system and has so much improvement left in him.

McGrath will probably do an apprenticeship in the back line like Heppel did before moving into the on ball rotations when he's ready. Might be a scary midfield by then with Merrett, Zaharakis, Heppel and Parish in there.

You guys should be thrilled with where you landed Clark, Mutch and Begley, I had them all ranked a lot higher. Begley is fairly new to the system and has so much improvement left in him.
certainly am. I think Begs will be like Oliver and Francis and need a bit of time to adapt his body size to AFL.
Mutch i am very pleased with to date. looking forward to his debut and clarke was a steal once he slid out of the second round.

It should turn into quite a midfield. Langford & Francis are going to be x-factors added to that list too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For Essendon - McGrath looks like he has the potential of Heppell/Z Merrett etc.
He had Rioli's measure when manned up on him and shut down Breust.
Best Essendon Debut since Hurley on Treadrea.

for the 0 gamers
Like the look of Mutch - he could be very good.
Ridley and Begley are my other 2 picks. for players of the future.

Two really long shots for us are Tyson Stengle and Ivan Soldo, who are both rookies.

Tyson has really surprised the club with his speed and skills.
Soldo has been a project player (ex basketballer) as he didn't play football till he was 18 when we picked him up!!!!! I thought he was a dud at first but he is fast proving me wrong. May end up being an incredible find. Just kicked 4 goals in the VFL practice game against the Pies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back