Roast Zero Round, Zero Clue

Remove this Banner Ad

Zero round is not a great concept Dillion.

Collingwood win the flag, and we play away in the first game to promote your team.

We are going to bounce back and win it all anyway!

Last edited:
Zero round is not a great concept Dillion.

It’s a piece of s**t, and so are you.

Collingwood win the flag, and we play away in the first game to promote your team.

We are going to win anyway you dork.
He also gave Sydney an extra 2 days break. Other teams who played this week play teams who didn’t play this week yet we get Sydney. My tin foiled hat is on.

Stop being a sook.

You need to calm down and stop looking for excuses.

We will win next week.
I am calm.

I am hopeful we will win next week.

I am not being a sook for being critical of the round zero concept.

Without a doubt it has happened to benefit the northern clubs.

What had been the benefit to us?

He also gave Sydney an extra 2 days break. Other teams who played this week play teams who didn’t play this week yet we get Sydney. My tin foiled hat is on.
2 days extra break this early is weird. Carlton and the tuggers play each other though.

I get the need for promoting the northern teams, however and while it hasn’t always been the case previously the premiers should always play their first game at home regardless of what round number (0, 1, 20) the AFL calls it.

I am calm.

I am hopeful we will win next week.

I am not being a sook for being critical of the round zero concept.

Without a doubt it has happened to benefit the northern clubs.

What had been the benefit to us?

How does playing a week earlier benefit the northern clubs?

We get the same amount of home games as them, plus a home grand final.

How do they benefit?
The AFL premier should get a home game in round 1.

All teams should start in the same round.

We have an uneven fixture. The AFL should be looking to make it as even as possible, not introduce gimmicks to increase exposure for rugby states.

The AFL premier should get a home game in round 1.

All teams should start in the same round.

We have an uneven fixture. The AFL should be looking to make it as even as possible, not introduce gimmicks to increase exposure for rugby states.

You still didn't explain how the nothern clubs benefit from round 0.

It doesn't really change anything if the premier is home or away for the 1st round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You still didn't explain how the nothern clubs benefit from round 0.

It doesn't really change anything if the premier is home or away for the 1st round.
They all got a home game. That’s a benefit.

It’s not an extra home game though.
No it’s not, but playing the first game at home is a benefit.

The concept of round zero is also flawed and unnecessary. Designed solely to promote AFL in rugby league territory.

When was the last time a club north of the Murray won a grand final?
When was the last time a Victorian club lost one?
Statistically Victorian cubs should win about 60% of grand finals, however its a lot higher than that.
I'm not going to complain about a few more games that we have to play outside of our home state. We normally play really well interstate anyway.

You love a whine jmac. Might get plenty of opportunities over the early rounds to complain about the fixture. We play 6 of last year’s top 8 over the first 8 rounds.

Imaginative thread title. Thought you’d be happy with Dills after he fined Clarkson $20k plus a suspended sentence?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
C’mon Sidey, round zero? A dumb arse idea at best.

A fixture that seeds teams according to their finishing position is ridiculous. Even more ridiculous than that is the AFL’s obsession with rugby league.

As for Clarko, I would have liked an actual suspension.

No it’s not, but playing the first game at home is a benefit.

The concept of round zero is also flawed and unnecessary. Designed solely to promote AFL in rugby league territory.
It’s only of benefit if you want to look at it that way. We now have one less road trip to make. All games are worth the same amount of premiership points.

Collingwood have been given a tough first six weeks. That’s just the way it is. Off to a bad start against what I believe is our biggest premiership threat. But it’s out of the way now and quite a few more hard games to play before the opposition gets a little weaker.

Agree it’s designed to promote our game in NRL states, that’s bleedingly obvious. Argue until the cows come home that it’s a marketing gimmick and you won’t get too many arguments. But the only difference from Collingwoods perspective is the date. Otherwise it’s just another road trip we would have made at some stage during the season.

C’mon Sidey, round zero? A dumb arse idea at best.

A fixture that seeds teams according to their finishing position is ridiculous. Even more ridiculous than that is the AFL’s obsession with rugby league.

As for Clarko, I would have liked an actual suspension.

I thought the idea was good, result notwithstanding. Better to watch footy over the last few days than not.

The real benefit to the afl is an extra week of prime time broadcasting.

Not sure where you get the idea that the afl is obsessed with nrl. Think it might be they are obsessed with growing the game in the biggest potential market.

Many opposition supporters would laugh at a Pies supporter complaining about fixtures. Anzac Day, KB, etc. we play 14 out of 23 at our home ground.

As for seeding how else do you suggest fixturing? Random?

I thought the idea was good, result notwithstanding. Better to watch footy over the last few days than not.

The real benefit to the afl is an extra week of prime time broadcasting.

Not sure where you get the idea that the afl is obsessed with nrl. Think it might be they are obsessed with growing the game in the biggest potential market.

Many opposition supporters would laugh at a Pies supporter complaining about fixtures. Anzac Day, KB, etc. we play 14 out of 23 at our home ground.

As for seeding how else do you suggest fixturing? Random?

Play 18 rounds in which every team plays each other once. Top 8 then play off for final ladder position before finals. Bottom 8 play off for a wild card entry into the finals.

Play 18 rounds in which every team plays each other once. Top 8 then play off for final ladder position before finals. Bottom 8 play off for a wild card entry into the finals.

That’s another topic completely

And zero chance of happening for a host of reasons, not the least of which being a finals before the finals is a nonsensical idea .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back