Zero Tolerance Policy

Remove this Banner Ad

Looney

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think there needs to be a zero tolerance policy at Collingwood. Too many players getting games just based on their reputation. Too many players getting games despite consistently producing clangers and poor kicking for goal.

SpongePie

Premium Platinum
Feb 14, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
With this sort of revolutionary tactic I feel like by round 5 it'll be Reid and Pendlebury v Essendon...

Oh no Pendles kicked a behind, guess he is dropped now heading into round 6. Zero tolerance.

With this sort of revolutionary tactic I feel like by round 5 it'll be Reid and Pendlebury v Essendon...

That's a terrible aspersion...to cast on Ben Reid. Who says Reidy doesn't like to have a fine time?

Even Pendles isn't safe according to some posters here.

The future is looking ominous

DAWESOME!!

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah, we should get rid of all these footballers and replace them with better ones. Whaddaya means we can't change our list mid season?

Fine, then, we'll just replace the bad players with all those better players we have in the 2s. Oh...

Looney

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Zero tolerance for what though?

For drugs?
For having a bad game?
For producing a clanger?

Pretty much all of the above.

If you decide to take illicit drugs, then you are out. Simple as that.

The bar needs to be set higher. If a player does not meet those expectations then they are out and someone else is given a chance.

The current culture at Collingwood, there is no incentive for players to improve and exceed expectation. Many established players are just on cruise control knowing their jobs are safe. Is it any wonder that many rebuilding teams have gone past Collingwood? There is a serious flaw in Collingwood's culture.

As for Pendles, if he is injured, don't play him and risk further injury. He becomes a liability.

Look at Hawthorne's culture. They have the bar set very high. If you don't meet those expectations then you are out. It's a very simple equation.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pretty much all of the above.

If you decide to take illicit drugs, then you are out. Simple as that.

The bar needs to be set higher. If a player does not meet those expectations then they are out and someone else is given a chance.

The current culture at Collingwood, there is no incentive for players to improve and exceed expectation. Many established players are just on cruise control knowing their jobs are safe. Is it any wonder that many rebuilding teams have gone past Collingwood? There is a serious flaw in Collingwood's culture.

As for Pendles, if he is injured, don't play him and risk further injury. He becomes a liability.

Look at Hawthorne's culture. They have the bar set very high. If you don't meet those expectations then you are out. It's a very simple equation.
Hawthorns culture?
When you win, it's fantastic.
When you lose like St Kilda it's awful.
When you're Collingwood it's toothless bogans bipucksboysbucksboys millions of them etc.

Hodge great culture? He likes a drink. But a great bloke.
Amazing what happens when you win games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looney

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah, we should get rid of all these footballers and replace them with better ones. Whaddaya means we can't change our list mid season?

Fine, then, we'll just replace the bad players with all those better players we have in the 2s. Oh...
It's an ongoing process that may take several years to dig out the spuds and bring in players who are willing to be the best they can be.

Mar 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think there needs to be a zero tolerance policy at Collingwood. Too many players getting games just based on their reputation. Too many players getting games despite consistently producing clangers and poor kicking for goal.

I think we should ritually beat our players with tyre irons after every loss. If we miss finals there needs to be a decimation -- that's where the team chooses one out of ten to be beaten to death. #zerotolerance

I think we should ritually beat our players with tyre irons after every loss. If we miss finals there needs to be a decimation -- that's where the team chooses one out of ten to be beaten to death. #zerotolerance

doodles98

Cancelled
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hawthorns culture?
When you win, it's fantastic.
When you lose like St Kilda it's awful.
When you're Collingwood it's toothless bogans bipucksboysbucksboys millions of them etc.

Hodge great culture? He likes a drink. But a great bloke.
Amazing what happens when you win games.
St Kilda just won btw... But Yeah.. we want our team to win games like the Hawks do...and if they do then it's true we don't give a s**t how they behave otherwise.. Amazing!!! who'd v thought hey.. For me though it's all about clean living, political correctness and sportsmanship.... as long as the players meet those standards I'm happy!

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
St Kilda just won btw... But Yeah.. we want our team to win games like the Hawks do...and if they do then it's true we don't give a s**t how they behave otherwise.. Amazing!!! who'd v thought hey.. For me though it's all about clean living, political correctness and sportsmanship.... as long as the players meet those standards I'm happy!
I think people over play that stuff leading teams etc. Paul Roos did it and it won Sydney a flag.
Anyway that's just the window dressing all the stuff you mentioned.

For what it's worth flags are hard to win.
1 in 18 do it, once every 52 weeks or so.
That's why building a list is so vital, odds are always hard to beat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back