Remove this Banner Ad

AxelFoley

Club Legend
Jan 3, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Dodgers, Raiders
The amount of Essendon players in Mike's Sheahan's Top 50.....what an absolute joke.

Hille and Mark McVeigh>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dale Thomas, Grant Birchell, Jared McVeigh (the list goes on!)

Hille is by far the biggest joke but honestly, its just Mike Sheehan...

I know, I shouldnt care what this muppet thinks but the amount of publicity his Top 50 gets, its a shame that no-one from our club is recognised.

Hille is the only one who i would have thought was stiff to miss out.

A good point was bought up on SEN this morning.

J McVeigh made the top 50 yet Mark didn't.

The question was asked to callers who is the better player, the response was an overwhelming Mark.

Not that i could care as i actually prefer not to have the players highlighted but that just seems to be me and the opinion of most Journo's is pretty low on my GAF scale.

In other news Rodney Eade mentioned while talking about how even this season was going to be that the 2 clubs he sees as most likely to make the 8 from outside the 8 were Port and Essendon and he mentioned that in his opinion we have built a very exciting list but injuries could easily curtail our season.

A good point was bought up on SEN this morning.

J McVeigh made the top 50 yet Mark didn't.

The question was asked to callers who is the better player, the response was an overwhelming Mark.

Not that i could care as i actually prefer not to have the players highlighted but that just seems to be me and the opinion of most Journo's is pretty low on my GAF scale.

In other news Rodney Eade mentioned while talking about how even this season was going to be that the 2 clubs he sees as most likely to make the 8 from outside the 8 were Port and Essendon and he mentioned that in his opinion we have built a very exciting list but injuries could easily curtail our season.
He had to have made a misprint with this one, Mark is light years ahead of his bro.

This truly irked me... is Sheahan a Collingwood or Carlton man. Hille, based on last season, is ahead of about 15 players - and all of the Collingwood players, and Gibbsy. Stupendum!

The amount of Essendon players in Mike's Sheahan's Top 50.....what an absolute joke.

Hille and Mark McVeigh>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dale Thomas, Grant Birchell, Jared McVeigh (the list goes on!)

I think Hille is the only Bomber to feel a little short changed. For greatest impact on the upcoming season, Hille is well in front of;
Kane Cornes
Grant Birchall
Dale Thomas
Ryan Griffen
Brad Ottens

Then there is a host of other players you could argue he is just as important as.

In the end though it's just Mike Sheahan, his opinion is usually based on which way the wind is blowing and who is the flavor of the month. If we are 3 and 3 or 4/2 after 6 rounds then Hille will all of a sudden be in Mike's top 10. Some of those Hawks players are a joke.

Hille - just plain dumb decision

Fletcher - Still did enough last year to make the Champion data team in the back pocket. He's better than most on that list.

McVeigh - Well he's better than his brother and deserves a spot on the list.

Mike was on SEN from 12 last night.. some of his arguements for players were pretty stupid.
When asked about Rhys Palmer he said he pretty much only got so much of the footy last year because he didn't have elite teammates around him (to play the same position as him, which would move him out of midfield) and "would he even get a game at Hawthorn?"
Put it this way.. if you threw Cyril Rioli into the Fremantle side would he even get the footy without all the Premiership stars around to assist him??
As for our boys.. I'm sure most people from other clubs would agree Hille and McVeigh should be in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is it that Dean Cox is "light years" ahead of all the other ruckmen, yet he consistently got beaten by Hille and Sandilands.

Cox played last year with a busted foot
http://player.video.news.com.au/heraldsun/#yRCOXEyECmFn2HX25ouccq_z6vjlz0p_

This list excludes players under an injury cloud
This mornings HUN

And he says Rhys Palmer only stood out because he was surrounded my no hopers. So why does Daniel Kerr get a mention in the top 15?

This Sheeb***h character is a hypocritical moron.

I love how people get worked up by these lists, it's all subjective FFS.

I would struggle to put a bomber player in the top 50 though and it says a lot about our list really. Plenty of young players yet to make their mark, a dearth of talented 24-28 year olds, and some veterans who are now a shadow of their former selves.

I love how people get worked up by these lists, it's all subjective FFS.

I would struggle to put a bomber player in the top 50 though and it says a lot about our list really. Plenty of young players yet to make their mark, a dearth of talented 24-28 year olds, and some veterans who are now a shadow of their former selves.

I agree. Have nevered understood wy people get so worked up over it.
Big deal Mike does not rate us or our players. Who cares.

The whole list struggles as he is effectively saying that if players such as Grant Birchall, Jarrod Mcveigh or Cyril Rioli came to Essendon they would potentially be our best player this season. :rolleyes:

Ever since a practise match i think 2 seasons ago, or it might of been last season against the bulldogs Eade has rated us, I think they beat us by six points by memory.

Might sound silly but I will throw it out there anyway did Lloyd do enough in his second half of last year to get a mention in the top 50?

I now have learnt from the years not to get upset with these types of lists, all australian lists as well as Lucas and Fletcher have been so stiff not to make it so many times I have just learnt to deal with it now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back